#21 2006-09-04 12:51

den4b
Administrator

Re: presets in context menus & masks in presets

Hello boys!  I'll put some light to your deeeep conversation here wink

1) Context menu with presets and rename-on-click...
Very-very dodgy and complicated, as dloneranger already said. Writing a context menu extension is a pain, and then user-mistakes can screw-up a lot of files. I will put this idea to consideration, but I really think it will spell disaster someday for some users.

2) Filtering/Selecting rule... GREAT IDEA!!! big_smile
It will require a lot of changes in the rules system, but I think it is worth the effort! I suppose it will be simply marking or un-marking files in table that match some pattern, right? Any other thoughts to it?

#22 2006-09-04 13:45

fjord

Re: presets in context menus & masks in presets

Including a filter rule type in the rule system would give alot of flexibilty. I imaging that a filter rule would stop processing the rules for a given file, if it didn't satisfy the condition. Normally the filter rule would be first in the list, but it theoretically could be after some other rules had already been executed on the file.

It might be easier for users to just have a mask box, at least for simple filtering. The mask box could appear above the rule list. To be really neat the mask should allow multiple selections, where some common groups of filetypes could be predefined, like all image filetypes, all audio filetypes, sort of like one gets in a File Open dialog box.

Board footer