#1 2006-09-17 04:49

MegaManta

Renamer: Count selected files

Hello Denis,

Is it possible to add a counter to the select files to the existing total files counter in the inferior left corner?
Someting like "x selected files of y files"

This is because sometimes I need to insert more files between the listed, in Renamer, in the directory.
Let me clarify, I have a directory with 200 files to serialize and another directory with 25 files also to serialize. I need to select 120 files and serialize from 1 to 120, then I select the remaining and serialize from 146 to 225, finaly I load the other directory and serialize from 121 to 145 and after that I move the second directory files to the first one. If it is only a directory to join isn't a big deal because I use the trial and error with the preview, but if it is more than one.... aargh!!

thank you

P.S.: I can't put previously the two group of files together because the scanned images don't have EXIF and the modified date dosn't serve to sort.

#2 2006-09-18 22:59

den4b
Administrator

Re: Renamer: Count selected files

Hi MegaManta smile

I was looking into the events that the table's component support, and unfortunately it doesn't have one for the selection. So from programming point of view it is kinda tricky to detect when selection has changed, because it can be changed by mouse and by keyboard and it does changes programmatically in many places. It is still possible, I think, but a very messy way of doing it.

Alternatively, I could add an option to the context menu of the files table - "Count selected files", which would display a message box saying how many files have been selected, and give it a shortcut, something like Alt+I. What do you think about that? Would that help?

Denis

#3 2006-09-21 21:45

MegaManta

Hello Denis,

Your solution is fine, anything is better than me counting the files one by one.
cool

Oh! by the way, I could perfectly wait for a new version smile.

many thanks!!

Helder

#4 2006-09-24 13:31

den4b
Administrator

I've added that functionality: ReNamerBeta.zip

Right-click on the files table and you'll see it, or click Alt+I and the dialog will come up, saying how many files are selected and how many are marked smile

Board footer