#1 2007-02-22 20:58

rednk1

Continue button confusion

First let me say that this is a great piece of software.  I love it and it servers my purpose very well.  I use it to restart some computers after a period of inactivity, and it works great everytime.  One suggestion that would help me out tremendously would be to allow the rewording of the buttons “Continue” & “Cancel”.  On occasion I get a user that thinks by hitting “Continue” they can continue to work, not continue to shutdown.  It would be great if I could change that “ReBoot” or “Shutdown” etc.

Keep up the good Work!!!

#2 2007-02-23 12:59

den4b
Administrator

Re: Continue button confusion

Thanks, its good to hear that! smile

Ok, I have two ideas about it. First of all, I think "Cancel" button should stay the same, in order to mimic the standard windows dialog. But the "Continue" button could get renamed into: 1) "The Action Name", for example if the action which is to be executed is called "Shutdown", then the button will be labelled "Shutdown", if the action is "Turn Off Monitor" then the button will be labelled "Turn Off Monitor", and so on; 2) Simply call it "Now".

What do you think?

Edited: Just realised that calling the "Continue" button as "The Action Name" is not future proof, because I plan to add ability to choose several Events and Actions!

Last edited by den4b (2007-02-23 13:02)

#3 2007-10-07 18:04

den4b
Administrator

Re: Continue button confusion

Just ot note: in version 2.90, "Continue" button was renamed to "Action".

Board footer