#1 2013-10-17 16:05

Sami

Could not replace the file error on exit (read only media)

i'm trying to use the program Shutter. it is nice, small, and smart.

but i found 1 problem that the program always trying to save the changes to the ini files (i'm talking about the portable version).

The problem is that if the program is located on a read only media (CD and etc) sometimes when you closing him (or even when the program shuttingdown the computer) you get a meesage "Could not replace the file!".

their is any way how to run the program with swith (or somthing like that) that will tell him to not save any information on the disk?

#2 2013-10-17 19:20

den4b
Administrator

Re: Could not replace the file error on exit (read only media)

Hi Sami,

You should try the latest development version. It has an option to turn off saving of current events and actions as defaults on exit. This is the part that caused the error in your case.

Disable that option, close Shutter so that the settings are saved and then burn it onto a CD.

#3 2013-10-17 22:33

Sami

Fantastic.

another problem i found. i logged in to the computer with UserA.  i run the shutter to shutdown the computer after 30 minutes of inactivity. after some minutes my son switch to another user (UserB) (did not logout UserA). he worked on the computer and after 30 minutes of working the computer suddenly shutdown. i found the reason was becouse the inactivity of UserA even that UserB was working and typing on the computer.

How can i tell the Shutter to look on the inactivity of the computer, not the user?

#4 2013-10-20 11:09

den4b
Administrator

Sami wrote:

i logged in to the computer with UserA.  i run the shutter to shutdown the computer after 30 minutes of inactivity. after some minutes my son switch to another user (UserB) (did not logout UserA). he worked on the computer and after 30 minutes of working the computer suddenly shutdown. i found the reason was because the inactivity of UserA even that UserB was working and typing on the computer.

Thanks for reporting this. It is a limitation of the method that is used to track user inactivity as it tracks session-specific user input information for only the session that invoked the function. So currently it is not possible to track user inactivity across several users on logged in to the same machine.

There is a another method for tracking system-wide user inactivity which can be implemented but it will take some time.

Board footer