#1 2014-03-18 16:27

martinezx

Improvements: e-mail notification and cpu usage for specific process

Hello i found that this app can be very usefull in my work - so i can purchase
but  i need some options if possible.

I'm an architect working 3d. Sometimes i make visualisations with luxology modo
( modo_cl.exe ) .
So my question is :

1. It is possible to make options that  sound play when modo_cl.exe process goes to 0 %.
As i see that is the option but it looks like that process must be close.
My visualisation window is opended and when render finished the process goes from 100 to 0 but is not closed
so the Shutter not work.  Now i use CPU Usage Below 20 % for works ( but i'm affraid about other processes )

2. Is possible to CPU Usage for 1 chosen proces and start when the process have above 0% - now the sound start one i choose start from shutter menu = so i must start after start my software

3. It is possible to add e-mail notification about process goes to 0 % ?  E-mail server like in www or by open e-mail software with prepared e-mail ?

Last edited by martinezx (2014-03-18 19:19)

#2 2014-03-19 13:23

den4b
Administrator

Re: Improvements: e-mail notification and cpu usage for specific process

martinezx wrote:

1. It is possible to make options that  sound play when modo_cl.exe process goes to 0 %.
As i see that is the option but it looks like that process must be close.
My visualisation window is opended and when render finished the process goes from 100 to 0 but is not closed
so the Shutter not work.  Now i use CPU Usage Below 20 % for works ( but i'm affraid about other processes )

Currently it is not possible to monitor CPU usage of a specific process, but this is a feature planned for future implementation.

martinezx wrote:

2. Is possible to CPU Usage for 1 chosen proces and start when the process have above 0% - now the sound start one i choose start from shutter menu = so i must start after start my software

As in the previous question, currently it is not possible to monitor CPU usage of a specific process. However, you can use 2 opposite events in sequence: 1) wait until CPU usage goes above 20%; 2) wait until CPU usage goes below 20%. Note that you need to change the Logic setting to "1-BY-1".

martinezx wrote:

3. It is possible to add e-mail notification about process goes to 0 % ?  E-mail server like in www or by open e-mail software with prepared e-mail ?

Currently it is not possible to send an email directly from Shutter, but I will add this as a feature request. It is possible to open a URL in the browser or compose email with a default email client using "Open File" action and specifying something like: http://example.com OR mailto:me@example.com?subject=Test%20Subject.

Last edited by den4b (2014-03-19 13:49)

Board footer