#1 2015-05-31 12:52

Dennis

Suggestion for a new feature: Times per Day

I'm new to the product so maybe this feature is already present but here's my idea: I would like to see a function called "Times per Day" This function would carry out a task only a set number of times per day. Obviously it could also have a subfeature of "Times per Hour" or whatever.

This feature would be to replace a very old DOS utility program called pdaily. I used that program in a batch file to run backups from my startup folder: each time the computer was started the backup program would run but it would only carry out a backup on the first startup of the day. Any subsequent runs would simply exit the batch file. Unfortunately pdaily does not run on my new (64 bit) computer.

I realize that the Scheduled Tasks feature of Windows may do this and I am investigating that but I found ReNamer very easy to use and suspect Shutter would be also if it fulfilled my need.

#2 2015-06-03 12:58

den4b
Administrator

Re: Suggestion for a new feature: Times per Day

Currently there is no functionality in Shutter to execute an action only once per day, but it is an interesting suggestion.

In the meantime I would recommend checking out Scheduled Tasks, it should be able to do this.

#3 2015-11-22 19:46

den4b
Administrator

It is possible to execute cations periodically by defining multiple "On Time" events with "OR" events logic, and adding an action to restart events after your desired actions have been executed.

For example, events below will trigger every 2 hours between 10am and 8pm.

Events [OR]:
1) On Time: At 10:00:00
2) On Time: At 12:00:00
3) On Time: At 14:00:00
4) On Time: At 16:00:00
5) On Time: At 18:00:00
6) On Time: At 20:00:00
Actions:
1) Run Program: Example.exe
2) Utilities: Restart events

#4 2022-09-12 17:41

eR@SeR

Hi Denis,

I'm aware that there is a Task Scheduler app in Windows that has the option to run the task on Daily basis, but I have some difficulties using it on Windows 11. Not sure what the problem might be, but it will be nice to have such an option in Shutter which runs pretty fine there.

This is how the Task Scheduler window for Daily tasks looks like, so it can be used as the starting point for designing the feature.

mini_Image-001.jpg

TRUTH, FREEDOM, JUSTICE and FATHERLAND are the highest morale values which human is born, lives and dies for!

Board footer