#1 2015-06-10 23:13

shutter4dje

TeamViewer unresponsive - reboot

Hi,
fantastic piece of software.

Now I have a Q. I have TeamViewer (TV) installed on a computer I do remote control of often.
Somtimes I experience that the TV agent is not showing it's online and cannot of course get into it...now my Q.

It has to reboot computer if one of these conditions exist after 1800 seconds.

1) If TV does not register correctly.
OR
2) If it cannot ping (like ping.eu)

...I have to use the  'OR'
No. 2 is set by using the Ping command.

Im not at the computer at the moment so I cannot test it for the time being myself and don't want to risk it shutting down without coming up again.
I do assume it's because TV service is becoming unresponsive, but I have never seen it on the actual computer when I could not login to TV.

Anyone knows which of the TV processes I need to check for unresponsiveness?
Or you have any other ideas about how to solve this??

PS..Im running Win7/x64 and the Portable version of Shutter - Shutter does startup every single time computer reboots and TV works always after a reboot!

TV-reboot.jpg

I know i have a few more things added in the screenshot..but it's the TV issue that Im not sure about.

Last edited by shutter4dje (2015-06-10 23:20)

#2 2015-06-11 17:28

den4b
Administrator

Re: TeamViewer unresponsive - reboot

I am not sure how to monitor TeamViewer, you may want to ask at their support forums. Maybe there is a command that you can execute to test if its not hung, maybe an API call of some kind?

Once you know how to check, then we can see how to set it up in Shutter.

Also, try to disable Automatic Updates in TeamViewer. It is always causing issues.

#3 2015-07-23 21:01

shutter4dje

Re: TeamViewer unresponsive - reboot

Im using the TeamViewer portable though and this does not update automatically. Im waiting for answer from TV.

Board footer