#1 2015-12-01 21:51

sidefx88

Shutter + Windows 10

Hi!

I'm using Shutter since a lot of years ago. Under Windows 7 everything worked fine, but now that I've installed Windows 10 Pro x64 I'm having a problem.

I use Shutter to turn off my monitor display and mute PC when a specific process ends (my media player).
This is very useful to me because when a movie finishes, the media player automatically closes, then Shutter mutes the computer and turn off monitor: ideal conditions to sleep smile

But now, under Windows 10, the monitor turns on after a while. I disabled notifications, the activity center, the security center, and everything which may turn the monitor on.

On Windows 7 the monitor only turned on when I hitted a key or the mouse was moved...

Is there any chance to code a more persistent "Turn off monitor" action?

I know this is not a Shutter's bug (it actually turns off monitor!) but I need an action which persists on Windows 10 until a key is hit (or mouse moved).

Any suggestion?

(I've also tried using another app named 'Advanced power off'... exactly the same behaviour)

Thanks!

#2 2015-12-01 22:45

den4b
Administrator

Re: Shutter + Windows 10

Basically, any running application can cause the monitor to wake up.

You might be able to find the offending application through the process of elimination. Try to terminate all non-essential applications and test if your monitor still wake up after a while. If it didn't, start turning back those application one by one.

Even things like special mice driver that hangs in tray, or some updater process, all of them have the capability to turn your monitor back on.

Also try booting in Safe Mode.

#3 2015-12-01 22:52

sidefx88

Re: Shutter + Windows 10

Thanks for your answer! I will try what you say. smile

But, maybe it will be fine adding a new action 'Blank screen' to Shutter, which leaves the monitor on but showing a black screen that goes away only when you press a key or move the mouse.

Cheers,
SFX

Board footer