#1 2016-03-27 15:22

Epsi

Messages won't stay on top, Waiting blocks GUI

First of all, fantastic application, kudos!

But I am observing 2 issues with version 3.7 Portable.

1) The "Always on top" setting for Messages seems to be ignored. It is properly shown as "(on top)" in the Action's details, but when invoked (either triggered or manually invoked via 'Now', whether the main GUI is visible or hidden in the tray), the message appears, but clicking on other application windows brings them on top of the message. These other applications are not set to "always on top", and they aren't run with elevated privileges. Running Shutter elevated does not help. This is under Win7/x64.

2) Utilities -> "Pause for X seconds" seems to completely block access to the app via the GUI or the tray icon (ditto while it's waiting for a launched program to finish (with "wait until execution finishes" enabled)). It's a bit of a problem if I want to stop execution while Shutter is waiting.
A workaround for Utilities/Pause is to use a Message with a timeout, but I can't think of a workaround for waiting for a launched application to finish.

Am I doing something wrong? Thank you!

#2 2016-03-27 23:59

den4b
Administrator

Re: Messages won't stay on top, Waiting blocks GUI

Thanks for taking time to report these issues.

1) Should be fixed in the latest development version. Operating system was preventing Alarm and Message forms from staying on top when application's main form was hidden. Both Alarm and Message forms are now displayed separately on the taskbar.

2) That is a known issue, caused by an outdated internal design. This will change in future versions.

#3 2016-03-28 09:56

Epsi

Re: Messages won't stay on top, Waiting blocks GUI

Understood. Thank you for your prompt response!

Board footer