#1 2019-09-08 06:23

jeffli
Website

Add and show preset name in the title bar

Hi,

I have a suggestion that adds and shows preset name in the title bar, I often run several ReNamer at the same time because I need to execute several similar regex rules, to some differently named files.
I can not distinguish the right ReNamer windows quickly which I want to use because they are so similar. The window title bar maybe like this:

-------------------------------------------------
| ReNamer Lite  --exchange ENG and CHN |

| ReNamer Lite  --exchange CHN and ENG |

I have tried to merge several regex rules into one ReNamer window, but there are no names or remarks for these rules, it still can not distinguish the right rules quickly which I want to use because they are so similar.

This is a minority need, not very important, just give a suggestion and feedback.

Jeff

#2 2019-09-11 07:41

den4b
Administrator

Re: Add and show preset name in the title bar

Thank you for the suggestion - it has been noted.

I have tried to merge several regex rules into one ReNamer window, but there are no names or remarks for these rules, it still can not distinguish the right rules quickly which I want to use because they are so similar.

You can comment the rules via the right-click context menu of the rules table. The comment for the rule will be displayed in place of the description, when it is available.

#3 2019-09-11 12:20

jeffli
Website

den4b wrote:

Thank you for the suggestion - it has been noted.

You can comment the rules via the right-click context menu of the rules table. The comment for the rule will be displayed in place of the description, when it is available.

I know this operation, but it will display comment instead of the rules, I need to see the rules sometimes.
I recommend that ReNamer add an individual field named comment, and can select the rows(rules\rules detail\comment) display or not.

Jeff

#4 2019-09-11 21:43

den4b
Administrator

I recommend that ReNamer add an individual field named comment, and can select the rows(rules\rules detail\comment) display or not.

This feature is planned.

Board footer