#1 2020-04-20 18:22

fpinto

Copy and rename files with list

Hi Evryone,

I am new to Renamer and I can't seem to do what I need and I am hoping someone can help.  I have 150 images that I need to be renamed.  Each image needs to be renamed multiple ways. e.g. 1-1.jpg needs to be renamed to Filename.jpg, secondfilename,jpg, etc.  I have a csv list of the original and new files but I can't figure out how to copy and rename.  If it only renames then the file is no longer there for the second one on the list.

Any ideas?

#2 2020-04-20 19:57

Stefan

Re: Copy and rename files with list

Hi and welcome fpinto.

Can you please check the User Manual in the wiki (http://www.den4b.com/wiki/ReNamer)

>>> http://www.den4b.com/wiki/ReNamer:Rules:UserInput
>>> > This rule replaces the original filenames with the names taken from the list.

if that solves your issue?

If not we will look for another way.

Read the  *WIKI* for HELP + MANUAL + Tips&Tricks.
If ReNamer had helped you, please *DONATE* to Denis or buy a PRO license. (Read *Lite vs Pro*)

#3 2020-04-20 21:45

fpinto

Thanks for your answer.  It's close.  I need to rename the same file four different ways. I want to copy the file and rename it.  If I just rename it, then the next item on the list fails because the existing file no longer exists. 

Any other ideas?

#4 2020-04-21 04:46

narayan

Suggest first copy the files in different subfolders (each subfolder is meant for one specific renaming formula).
Then open each subfolder and rename all files using one formula.
Repeat for all subfolders, one by one.

#5 2020-04-21 09:40

den4b
Administrator

As narayan has already suggested, you should just create as many copies of your files as you need, in different locations, and then rename each copy separately.

Also, ReNamer can import your files and new names from a CSV file. See the Export menu.

Board footer