#1 2021-06-02 09:21

Grendizerus

Prevent screensaver from running as soon as Events start

In Shutter, I like the option to prevent the computer from sleeping while Events are running.
But is it possible to do the same with the screensaver? Is it possible to prevent it from running while the Events are running?
I know there is a Screensaver action, but I don't think it's possible to launch an action before the event start....
Thanks

#2 2021-06-03 18:05

den4b
Administrator

Re: Prevent screensaver from running as soon as Events start

An option to keep the display on and prevent screensaver was implemented in Shutter 4.4.0.7 Beta.

It can be found just under the option to prevent the system sleep.

Please try the latest development version.

#3 2021-06-03 18:32

Grendizerus

Ok I downloaded the beta, sounds great! But if it's not too much asking, is it possible to prevent the screensaver from running, but let the screen going off, in order to save energy and light?
Perhaps it's best to temporarily replace the usual screensaver by a dummy screensaver that does nothing, just as you screensaver action does.
But I don't know if it is possible...
CIAO

#4 2021-07-30 06:39

den4b
Administrator

Grendizerus wrote:

is it possible to prevent the screensaver from running, but let the screen going off, in order to save energy and light?

Not without too much interference with the Windows settings.

I would suggest adjusting the native Windows settings accordingly, that is disabling the screensaver and configuring the Power Options to turn off the display after a period of inactivity.

Board footer