#1 2006-06-09 02:24

RaZorbacK

problem to access the meta tags list

Hello Denis and all,
In fact, it's not a problem since I've found how to display the meta tag list. But, the problem is that, with my screen reader, the button to open this dialog is not easy to find. I've found the same problem in the pascal script rule, the buttons compile, scripts and help are hard to find only with the keyboard. Do you think Denis that  you can make those buttons more standard (i mean accessible with the tab key) or add those options, (the meta tags lists for example) in the context menu of the field for example?
I'm using renamer for a few months now, and I was still looking for those wonderfull meta tags the settings are talking about lol. i've found them only today.
thanks as usual if you can help and thanks also if you can't ! smile

#2 2006-06-10 23:44

den4b
Administrator

Re: problem to access the meta tags list

Hi Sof, good to hear you again smile

I'm glad that you finally found those Meta Tags, they are very useful things big_smile
There is probably loads of other stuff that you haven't discovered yet...

Unfortunately, I can't change the buttons for them, because I use especially those buttons because they don't have a border around them, they are transparent/flat and only image (and a hint) is shown to the user. And here is a drawback - they can't get focused! It's very annoying, but I have to use them to keep the interface clean and tidy. Context menus for edit fields are provided by Windows, and I can sure change them, but it is a bad practice, and it will also make it a bit messy, since there are around 40 different meta tags supported by ReNamer.

Sorry Sof, I cant help you this time, even tho I do want to..

#3 2006-06-12 13:26

RaZorbacK

Denis Kozlov wrote:

There is probably loads of other stuff that you haven't discovered yet...

certainly, and even stuff that I have discovered but that i'll never be able to use them! The pascal stuff for example . smile

Denis Kozlov wrote:

Unfortunately, I can't change the buttons for them, because I use especially those buttons because they don't have a border around them, they are transparent/flat and only image (and a hint) is shown to the user. And here is a drawback - they can't get focused! It's very annoying, but I have to use them to keep the interface clean and tidy. Context menus for edit fields are provided by Windows, and I can sure change them, but it is a bad practice, and it will also make it a bit messy, since there are around 40 different meta tags supported by ReNamer.

Denis, I do understand and if it's not possible, no problems at all. I'll find a workaround to use those stuff with my screen reader. but just a last question and we close the topic (: isn't it possible to keep the buttons as they are now but make some kind of shortcuts in the context menu for example which will click the button for me?
I repeat Denis, no worries and don't go messing your interface just for that, It's not so important. you have helped me very much before and i really apreciate that.
cheers,

#4 2006-06-14 08:29

den4b
Administrator

Sof wrote:

isn't it possible to keep the buttons as they are now but make some kind of shortcuts in the context menu for example which will click the button for me?

Sof, I've added a shortcut key (not in the context menu, but invisible one, which is only shown in a hint of the Insert Meta Tag button) : Ctrl + Insert. There are 2 places where you can insert Meta Tag using this shortcut: Insert rule, and Replace rule (the second edit field). Note: you have to be focused on the edit field for the shortcut to work.

http://www.redbrick.dcu.ie/~den4b/Projects/ReNamer/ReNamerBeta.zip

Hope this helps smile

#5 2006-06-16 00:10

RaZorbacK

Hi dennis,
nice, it works perfectly. Believe it, even if I'm glad to have this option available for me, I don't want to bother you too much with those stuff. If you can't help, never mind.
I've noticed that you have changed the listview which displays the files to rename.;) Do you think this change will be permanent?
thanks a lot again.

#6 2006-06-16 14:40

den4b
Administrator

Sof wrote:

I've noticed that you have changed the listview which displays the files to rename. Do you think this change will be permanent?

Yes, I'm pretty sure this new component will stay for goood cool

Why?

#7 2006-06-19 07:36

RaZorbacK

Denis Kozlov wrote:

Yes, I'm pretty sure this new component will stay for goood cool

Why?

hmm because it affects the way I can review the checked or unchecked items. with the old component, which  looks more standar, I was able to see if an item was checked or not and I pressed the space bar to toggle that. but now I can't. but, don't change anything, i'll try to find a workaround or if no, i'l switch back to the previous version. :-)
I do understand this component will help you to add more features to Renamer.
Thanks abain for all your efforts.

#8 2006-06-19 10:21

den4b
Administrator

Sof, the problem that you are having might be caused by a change of a shortcut for triggering the checkbox. The Space is now used to trigger the checkbox of only the focused item in the list (no matter how many items you have selected, only one of them will change checkbox state). While Insert will now do whatever the Space used to do, it will invert the checkbox state of all the selected items.

I hope you found these shortcuts as well: Shift+M - Mark all selected, Shift+U - Unmark all selected.

Board footer