#1 2009-08-12 20:04

Peter123

How to restart shutter after user has canceled shutdown

Hello,

I want to use shutter in our office to automaticly shutdown unused PCs after a well defined period of inactivity, e.g. 15 minutes. If the user is not away from the PC, he get the message, that the PC will be shut down in 30 seconds. Now the user has the opportunity to cancel the shutdown (until here it's okay for me).

But now shutter has to be restarted and I'm afraid, that our users will not do that (because they also do not shutdown the PC, even if they do not need it). That's why my question:

How to restart shutter automaticly after user has canceled shutdown. Please post an example for the settings. Any suggestions? Maybe I'm to blind to see cool the easy solution ...

Thanks and sorry for my bad english.

Peter

#2 2009-08-23 12:29

den4b
Administrator

Re: How to restart shutter after user has canceled shutdown

Download the latest development version of Shutter: ShutterBeta.zip

Go into settings and select "Restart event after actions have been triggered" option. Add "Message" action to your action list and disable the "Cancel" button in the action configuration.

#3 2009-08-23 12:49

Peter123

Re: How to restart shutter after user has canceled shutdown

@den4b

Many Thanks for your answer and for changing the program  big_smile

I'll try it out right now.

Greetings, Peter

____

Edit:

During the last minutes I've checked the new option out and:
Everything works fine on my Home-PC with WinXP  smile

Great work, den4b!!! I think we will save some energy in the next years, because I will install shutter on every PC in our office with the "shutdown after inactivity"-event. It will not save the planet, but also little steps in the right direction are important.

Again: THANK YOUR VERY MUCH!

Last edited by Peter123 (2009-08-23 13:37)

Board footer