#1 2009-08-26 08:11

Yearling

Shutter as a service

Hi, I use Shutter - it's a wonderful application and works very good but I need to use it as a service (WIN XP).
I tried to run it by the help srvany.exe (http://support.microsoft.com/default.as … -us;137890) - it is OK - Shutter is running as a service but it is impossible to use it in mode "go to sleep after user inactivity" - after adjusted time PC go to the sleep mode but independently of key pressing, mouse clicking, etc. - it is impossible to clear countdown by the key pressing, mouse clicking etc. - countdown is still running regardless of mouse clicking, key presing,...
Exist any different solution of this problem or would it be possible to solve this problem in next version?

#2 2009-08-31 21:41

krtek

Re: Shutter as a service

There is no easy way, but maybe this will help you: Shutter Wiki: Run as service.

Regular Expressions are not as hard to understand as you may think. Check ReNamer's manual or nice Regular Expressions tutorial for more info and start to use full power of applications that use them (like ReNamer, Mp3Tag and so on).

#3 2009-09-01 09:48

Yearling

krtek wrote:

There is no easy way, but maybe this will help you: Shutter Wiki: Run as service.

Yes I tried the first way (Windows tool - srvany + instsrv) - it is possible to install Shutter as a service, run Shutter as a service but Shutter as a service doesn't work good - it is impossible to use it in mode "go to sleep after user inactivity" - after adjusted time PC go to the sleep mode but independently of key pressing, mouse clicking, etc. - it is impossible to clear countdown by the key pressing, mouse clicking etc. - countdown is still running regardless of mouse clicking, key presing,...

#4 2009-09-06 21:37

den4b
Administrator

There is an option to allow (or not) the service to interact with the desktop. Did you trying playing with it?

I have never tried running Shutter as a service, and it is not officially supported (as mentioned in the wiki article).

#5 2009-09-14 12:45

Yearling

den4b wrote:

There is an option to allow (or not) the service to interact with the desktop. Did you trying playing with it?

Yes, I tried it but with the same results  sad

Board footer