#1 2017-11-21 21:59

Stamimail

Default behavior for adding folders

I think this is a common question, shouldn't be answered by Menu+Dialog-box.
I suggest to make a button in Menu bar (or making Buttons bar for common tasks), will work like this:
When the user drag Folders to Renamer, just the folders will be added to the list ("Add folders as files").
Then, if the user doesn't want folders but files, the user will press this special button, to replace the folders in list to files ("Add files within folders"+"Include subfolders").
You can make another Advanced Button for getting to the Dialog-Box.

#2 Today 14:21

den4b
Administrator

Re: Default behavior for adding folders

When the user drag Folders to Renamer, just the folders will be added to the list ("Add folders as files").

This goes against the current design, where the current setup of filters dictates how added folders are handled.

It would be better to (optionally) display the filters dialog when folders are added, were user would be able to specify how to add that particular batch.

#3 Today 19:05

Stamimail

Re: Default behavior for adding folders

It would be better to (optionally) display the filters dialog when folders are added, were user would be able to specify how to add that particular batch.

In this case, the user will be asked in each time. I think it will be more annoying than place folders in list by default, and then in a case the user wants the content of the folders, to hit a botton or shortcut (or other solution).

Board footer