#1 2018-08-31 15:18

k_kolev

Updated bulgarian translit file

Hello,

I want to submit an updated bulgarian translit file for ReNamer. This one, in comparison with the currently used is more accurate in the replacement of cyrillic characters with latin ones. It is not perfect, but I think it is good enough.

I also want to submit another bulgarian translit file, which does the reverse - it replaces latin characters with cyrillic ones. Is this acceptable for ReNamer to have 2 translit files for one language? And if so, how should the two files be named - is there some specific rule or I can name them however I deem it is best?

Thanks much in advance!

P.S.: I'm the one who submitted the first (currently used) bulgarian translit file. I'm under a new account here now, because I forgot my credentials (password) for the forum for that old account and I don't have access to the e-mail used for that account, to restore my password (the e-mail was provided by an ISP who's services I no longer use).

#2 2018-09-01 09:04

den4b
Administrator

Re: Updated bulgarian translit file

I want to submit an updated bulgarian translit file for ReNamer. This one, in comparison with the currently used is more accurate in the replacement of cyrillic characters with latin ones. It is not perfect, but I think it is good enough.

You can submit the new file here (using the code tags or as an attachment) or send it by email (found in the About dialog).

You are the expert in the language, so it is your call to decide which one fits better. If anybody disagrees, they can always voice their concerns.

I also want to submit another bulgarian translit file, which does the reverse - it replaces latin characters with cyrillic ones. Is this acceptable for ReNamer to have 2 translit files for one language? And if so, how should the two files be named - is there some specific rule or I can name them however I deem it is best?

Translit rule has a built-in capability to invert the mapping, using the "Direction" option. So normally there is no need to create a reverse mapping manually, unless the reversing operation is not as simple as just inverting the mapping automatically.

There is no problem with creating several translit alphabets for a single language. If you check the built-in translit alphabets, you will find that the Russian language, for example, has 3 different alphabets, each of which uses slightly different mappings, because that is how people do it.

If you check the built-in translit alphabets, you will also find the naming schema for alternative alphabets.

#3 2018-09-01 11:01

k_kolev

Re: Updated bulgarian translit file

Hello,

OK, I've sent you an e-mail, because probably due to my account being a new one here, I don't have rights to add links to my posts.

Board footer