#1 2020-03-08 09:13

shralankadar

Rename EXIF with the filename (write meta tags)

Hello everybody,

Thanks first of all for this software and all the support we can find on this forum.
I was looking to make the opposite that some people were looking for and I didn't find anything on this...maybe I didnt't search well.

I have mp4 files which names are for example VID-20171004-WA0001.mp4...I would like to add the date which is in the filename into the EXIF data... in fact after restoring my whatsapp datas.....a lot of pictures doesn't have any exif data and only the date of the backup (file created) is there.... my gallery is so a mess...

I hope you could help me!
Have a nice day

#2 2020-03-09 21:43

den4b
Administrator

Re: Rename EXIF with the filename (write meta tags)

ReNamer can only read meta tags, not write meta tags, by design.

You could use ReNamer to parse the date from the filename and then call some 3rd party tool (see example scripts) to update the meta tags via the Pascal Script rule, but you are really better off using the tools specialized for such task.

#3 2020-03-10 12:27

shralankadar

Thanks for your reply.
I found a software named Advanced Renammer who made the job (for the one having the same issue)

#4 2021-07-10 14:13

loungebob

:-( damn. I was sooooo hoping it could write FLAC tags smile

I want to get rid of those pesky CD01/CD02 (and the likes) subfolders. combining all files in the album root folder (basically flattening the folder hierarchy) but since most of them are tagged CD01/Track01, CD02/Track02 and CD02 is not continued where the last track of CD01 ended, this gets a little complicated.

although I still think it shouldnt be too hard to check for subfolders with a specific pattern (like CD01, CD1, Disc 01....), then check if the flac files are track numbered continously, if yes, move all to root folder, if not re-number subsequent CD folders continuously, then flatten.

if renamer cant write tags and mp3tag cant do this scripting part, do I have to do this manually? any other ideas?

Board footer