#11 2006-05-09 22:14

den4b
Administrator

Re: ReNamer - translatable

I have released a 3.30 version of ReNamer, so now we are ready for translation smile
Here, I've put together all the *.DFM and one *.pas file that have all the strings:

(link removed)

I suppose you are familiar with *.DFM files, and know that A SINGLE character in the wrong place will render the WHOLE DFM invalid! And I will not be able to fix it, since it will simply fail to load.. Edit it with a GREAT CAUTION! You MUST use a simple ASCII characters set (NO Unicode, NO UTF, etc.), so you may as well edit it with a notepad wink

Mostly, you will have to edit all the occurrences of "Caption = xxxxxx" in the DFM files, and all the MSG_* and NAME_* strings in the PAS file. I think we should not translate the HELP_* strings, since they are quite complicated. And do not translate stuff in the About dialog... well, you can translate the names of the Tabs and Titles like "Author:" and "Support, bug reports, suggestions:", but not the contents of them wink

Do send me all these files back after you make few changes, to test them... and if they work as intended, you can finish it. On my end, I'll try to create a Russian version wink

By the way, did you check the Czech Translit Alphabet that is included in the latest version, is it correct?

#12 2006-05-25 20:45

silviun78

I'm italian and i will very happy if i can help you to translate this application. In my office a lot of people use it to translate. Bye and good work

#13 2006-05-26 13:53

den4b
Administrator

Silviun wrote:

I'm italian and i will very happy if i can help you to translate this application. In my office a lot of people use it to translate. Bye and good work

If you are familiar with Delphi programming language, you could translate the resource files, as described above... If not, then we all have to wait till I get my hands on the Translation module.

Anyway, thanks for your will to help, it's much appreciated smile

#14 2013-12-27 17:40

den4b
Administrator

For those interested in translation there is now a supported method for doing it!

Please read more on the Wiki: http://www.den4b.com/wiki/Localization

Board footer