#1 2006-05-03 03:35

dloneranger

Renamer Suggestions

Just a few ideas  smile

1) Automatically sort files that are added, according to the last used sorting option
I have to sort the files every time - it's getting annoying big_smile

2) An easy 'Clear All Files' button, to save having to go through the menu system

3) Some of the rules are awkward to use, delete characters being the main one
Having to count the amount of characters to delete is not made easy
You could show a label displaying the currently selected file and another showing the results,
so you could easily increase/decrease the count to get it right
Actually this would be usefull on every rule screen I think

Hope this doesn't sound like a complaint, I use this program very frequently and it's my favourite
But, using it so much, smal things are becoming annoying

Best wishes

#2 2006-05-04 11:41

den4b
Administrator

Re: Renamer Suggestions

dloneranger wrote:

1) Automatically sort files that are added, according to the last used sorting option
I have to sort the files every time - it's getting annoying big_smile

Look into the Settings, File Table tab, check out the option called "Resort table when files are added" smile

dloneranger wrote:

2) An easy 'Clear All Files' button, to save having to go through the menu system

There is a handy shortcut to clear all the files in the table Ctrl+Del (look in table's popup menu). I don't want to overload the user interface with many options...

dloneranger wrote:

3) Some of the rules are awkward to use, delete characters being the main one...

Hell Ye, I know exactly what you mean! Thats why I've created a functionality called "Analyze String", or it may also be called "Analyze Filename" (double-click on any filename, or use right-click table menu). You'll see a dialog, where you can select a portion of text and it will tell you where the selection starts and how many characters in length. In old ReNamer 2.xx it was also able to create appropriate rules for Insert, Delete, Remove and Replace - but this functionality has been removed in 3.xx, since Rules are dynamic objects now, and they have no connection to the main stream of the program.

Hope that helps smile

#3 2006-05-04 12:53

dloneranger

Re: Renamer Suggestions

Yes, thanks

I missed a few things in the interface  - doh!, my stupidity i'm afraid

Board footer