#1 2007-09-01 15:06

Nepherim

Command line options

Is there some documentation for the Shutter command line options?

I use Shutter in two ways. I have a shortcut setup so I can click and go into immediate Sleep mode (1 second countdown). But I'd also like to use Shutter to shutdown after a daily automatic backup process has run. In this case I'd like to run Shutter after the backup process with a command line to do a 1 minute countdown (gives me time to cancel the shutdown if I'm working), thus overriding the Shutter options I've setup for the shortcut.

~ ~ Dave

#2 2007-09-02 20:00

den4b
Administrator

Re: Command line options

All command line options which Shutter has are for instant execution of any of the supported actions.

I would recommend you a workaround for the missing command line options. Create a separate copy of Shutter, in a different location, which you can configure for this particular task, i.e. shutdown after a daily automatic backup process has run. Setup up the "Window Closes" event, and "Shutdown" action, then go to "Options", configure the "Shutdown Message" to be displayed for 1 minute, and check the option "Start event when program starts" . That's all. Now you have a copy of Shutter with a single-click icon for your backup task smile

#3 2007-09-02 21:33

Nepherim

All command line options which Shutter has are for instant execution of any of the supported actions.

The command line options are what I need. I need the options for "sleep in 1 minute", but a quick list of other options would be useful too.

#4 2007-09-02 23:06

den4b
Administrator

There is no need for command line options because you can configure a copy of Shutter to do anything in just 1 click (execution). Did you understand what I tried to describe to you in the previous post? Just create a copy of Shutter in another location, configure it to sleep in 1 minute, and use option "start event when programs starts" and "close the program when event is triggered".

That's it, no need for command line options. Once you run it, it will automatically go to sleep in 1 minute.

#5 2008-02-17 14:56

erich

It's OK, but this doen't work: neutral

Event: process stops
Process: prowin32.exe
Action: Shutdown

The field "process" is empty.

Erich, Germany

#6 2008-02-27 00:25

den4b
Administrator

erich wrote:

The field "process" is empty after restart.

Yes, this is the intended behaviour. Please read the explanation in this topic: Shutter: restart frozen process

Just a quick copy & paste:
"Process Stops" event is the only event that doesn't (and cannot) remember its parameter. This is because of the way this event works. Processes are identified by their unique Process ID (PID), instead of the name. PID's are assigned dynamically by the operating system, when process is started. This makes it possible to have several instances of the same application running at the same time, but watch only selected 1 with Shutter. You can use the "Window Closes" instead, which will check if a window with the specified caption exists. It has a simple textual parameter, thus, can be easily remembered by the program.

If you are really stuck, you can start using the Shutter v3 Alpha, which will remember the previously selected process. I changed the behaviour of that event in v3. It will simply find all processes which match the selected executable name.

Board footer