#1 2006-06-14 22:48

Qkid

Override Preview

I was wanting to add the CRC32 of some video files into their filename but each file was about 175 meg long.

The program forced me to do a preview which meant i would have been waiting for a long time for the preview to happen on all the files. I had already tested the rules on a single file.

Would be good for situations like this if you could skip the Preview and just do the Rename.

*edit*

Ah i see pressing Preview actually does the operations then Rename will rename the file smile ie Rename the file to what was calculated in New Name. Guess you can't skip Preview then.

#2 2006-06-15 10:44

den4b
Administrator

Re: Override Preview

Hi Qkid,

Qkid wrote:

I was wanting to add the CRC32 of some video files into their filename but each file was about 175 meg long.

Yes, the Hashing tags should be used with caution, since they might take a long time for large files, like in your case wink

Qkid wrote:

Ah i see pressing Preview actually does the operations then Rename will rename the file, ie Rename the file to what was calculated in New Name. Guess you can't skip Preview then.

Thats right, Preview is the function the generates the new names, while Rename simply renames whatever you have in the files table, which gives extra power because you can modify any particular filenames after applying rules, as well as importing new filenames from the text files, etc...

#3 2006-06-15 11:53

Qkid

Re: Override Preview

Sounds good smile Thanks for clearing up how the program works to me.

Board footer