#1 2009-03-10 13:06

Zorg

Fails to hibernate HTPC computer with Window Closes event

Hi,

First of all, thank you for that wonderful program. I was for months trying to solve my HTPC hibernate resume problems, trying a lot of programs, and finally I managed to do it with Shutter

I created a workaround. I can't explain now why I need it to be this way:

When I want my HTPC hibernates after a recording I make notepad window to close. (I just chose notepad, I only wanted to use the Window Closes option to trigger the event. I could have chosen any other program window).

So I have configured Shutter:
Event: Window Closes
Notepad
Action: Hibernate

That works well trough a lot of hibernations and resumes, but it fails sometimes I don't know why. If I restart the computer then it works again. May be the problem has to do with the fact that I sometimes stop the shutter event manually while I'm watching live tv and a program it's being recorded and I know at the end the notepad window will close itself and I don't want the HTPC to hibernate in that moment. Later, when I want to let the things prepared for hibernation I start notepad and I start shutter, but if I close the notepad windows, then shutter doesn't react any more. I have to restart the computer and it works again.

Well, I would appreciate very much some advise or help.
Thank you in advance.

#2 2009-03-10 13:43

Zorg

Re: Fails to hibernate HTPC computer with Window Closes event

Sorry, I didn't know there was a new version (beta version). I'm going to try it and see if it doesn't fail now.Hi,

Last edited by Zorg (2009-03-10 15:43)

#3 2009-03-14 15:55

den4b
Administrator

I am not sure what exactly is happening over there, but I get a feeling that you might be missing some simple steps, like starting events or something...

Did you give the latest development version a try?

If it didn't solve your issues, we will need a deeper explanation with all the steps and actions you to make.

#4 2009-04-26 13:06

den4b
Administrator

Recently, I have added "Force" option to Sleep and Hibernate actions. Maybe it will help you.

Board footer