#1 2009-09-30 14:54

narayan

New instance inherits event and action settings

When a new instance is launched, it shows the event and action from the previous instance.

It is exactly like you have maximized the old instance (to edit it). This is confusing.

Not only that, if the minimize to system tray when start option is selected, the newly launched instance actually starts the event  from the system tray.

You have to press CTRL+N to clear the old entries and then start.

Desired:

A new instance should start with a clear window. That way, even if it starts in systray, it won;'t start executing some undesired operation.
Let the user set any new instance explicitly and then launch it.

Last edited by narayan (2009-09-30 17:55)

#2 2009-10-01 11:12

Andrew

Re: New instance inherits event and action settings

Both your threads sound similar and most probably have the same underlying cause. BTW, you might want to read this:

http://www.den4b.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=622

As the last post in that thread indicates (which unfortunately Denis seems to have missed), seems this problem was never solved.

#3 2009-10-01 13:22

narayan

Your link points at a case where two instances seem to get triggered at the same time.
Which means both were set manually.

In my case, the second fresh instance is launched from the Quick Launch Bar; and it copies its event and action from the previous instance.

So both issues are entirely different.

#4 2009-10-03 10:48

Andrew

What I meant was, in your case too it seems multiple instances of Shutter are communicating with each other somehow, even though Denis says this should not be the case. That's why I said that all these issues sound like they have the same underlying cause, though of course I may be wrong. Guess Denis needs to look into this and see if it's that DLL at fault again.

#5 2009-10-04 14:44

den4b
Administrator

Same answer as in here: Shutter - Two instances will share same settings

Use 2 hard copies of Shutter, otherwise they will keep messing up each other's settings.

Board footer