#1 2007-07-06 01:00

den4b
Administrator

ReNamer/Shutter Recovery!

Last weekend, something really bad has happened. My laptop's hard-disk started making a really worrying (as experts say "grinding") noise. I started backing up all of the data. It was not long before the hard-disk has stopped making that horrible noise, and when it stopped making it - it actually stopped spinning. That was all it said, and not one attempt of rebooting would make it detectable by BIOS. Since then, 2 companies have already seen the drive, and tried to recover any data, without any success.

The only 1 option now is to send it to some professional lab in UK, where they take the drive apart in a "clean air" room, and manually recover the data from the plates with some high end equipment. The only 1 problem with that is the recovery price, which ranges between 1000-1600 EURO for one lab, and 500-1000 EURO for another which I have recently found (plus posting and diagnostics fee).

This time, I am asking those of you who use/like/appreciate these programs - to help me recover them. Ironically, those two programs are the ones on which I was actively working in recent months, so I have a really old backup of them. It will take me months and months of work to get back to the up-to-date versions. Hence, if I get a reasonable flow of donations, I will invest this money into recovering of ReNamer and Shutter.

P.S. Excuse my non-responsiveness in the forums and emails.

Board footer