#1 2006-08-05 16:57

shonu

Renamer: Writing from EXIF-Timespamp to File-Timestamp and vice-versa

Hi

another helful feature -

1) especially when working with images in Picasa - as this is sorting your images according to file-date not EXIF (although being able to read it....) - is to be able to modify the timespamp of the file according to EXIF-timestamp

2) The files obtained from the shop on the image-CD's contain the timestamp from processing. If I apply to them a timestamp in the name:
20040824_1013_0008.JPG

It would be helpful to be able to:
a) extract the date from filename ->EXIF
b) extract the date from filename ->timestamp of the file

3) Another very nice one is:
I went to the US and forgot to change the time on my Digicam, so all EXIF's are offsetted with their time.
Any chance to post-correct the EXIF, e.g applying a predefined offset (e.g. +3.5 days - India has half day offsets!) ?

I know, this is not really something about renaming the filename, but these issues are always joining renaming with me

Thanks

love the tool!

Shonu

#2 2006-08-07 18:38

den4b
Administrator

Re: Renamer: Writing from EXIF-Timespamp to File-Timestamp and vice-versa

Hi shonu smile

Yes, these are good ideas! But unfortunately they are not really about renaming files... There are many tools on the internet that can do all that, and are meant for that kind of task. It can be done, but I'm afraid I can't see a good place (from programming point of view) for these features in ReNamer.

Here is an article on how to time-span the exif data: Bulk changing of JPEG EXIF header data. And here is one of the programs that can change exif and timestamps of the files: AttributeMagic (unfortunately it is not free, but has a fully functional trial version).

Hope this helps...

Board footer