#1 2010-04-04 11:07

Zoli1972

Shutter doesn't accept any commandline options when using Run Command

Hi,

I was happy to see there is a new beta in the download section, which I am trying now to get working. Unfortunately it doesn't as expected.

When I try to start a program via web interface->run programs (no matter if via cmd file or not), shutter is not starting it, if the command line contains options. For exaple, if I try to start...

c:\program files\DVBViewer\dvbviewer.exe -debug

...where "-debug" is an option, nothing happens. Now, as a workaround, I tried to start DVBViewer with that option wrapped into a cmd file, wich also didn't work. After starting, the commandline window pops up, and closes immediately after that, and nothing more happens. It seems for me, that Shutter ignores any command line containing options, such as my "-debug", even if it's inside a cmd file. I also checked for typos in the cmd file, tried to start it directly from my desktop, and it worked.

My workaround is, to wrap the command into an AutoIt scriptfile, and compile that to an *.exe, and store that little program in the Shutter executable folder. But this should be only a temporal solution.

I'm wondering, for what kind of reason should Shutter ignore options in commandlines?

@den4b: please check that issue, and correct it in future releases, if nessessary.

Zoli

Last edited by Zoli1972 (2010-04-04 11:17)

#2 2010-04-04 13:04

den4b
Administrator

Re: Shutter doesn't accept any commandline options when using Run Command

Hi Zoli,

I tried all of the possible variations of commands and all of them worked from the web interface.

A good idea would be to wrap up path and parameters in quotes, for example:

"C:\Program Files\[Program Name]\[Program Name].exe" "C:\Documents and Settings\[User]\Desktop\[File.ext]"

Have you tried starting any other programs? For example, try starting "notepad.exe" from the web interface. Maybe there is a problem with DVBViewer itself?

#3 2010-04-04 14:47

Zoli1972

A good idea would be to wrap up path and parameters in quotes...

I tried as you mentioned, but no change.

Have you tried starting any other programs?

No start with having an option in the commandline. No matter which program. No matter if option is wrapped in quotes or not. However, I think, that wrapping the option in quotes only takes effect, when the option is a file path, it isn't in my case. That issue was also reported to me by one of my friends, who is using the same version of Shutter now, but he also had the issue with all earlier versions.

Zoli

#4 2010-04-04 15:20

den4b
Administrator

It is possible that your anti-virus could be blocking Shutter from starting other programs. Can you temporarily disable your anti-virus and UAC (if applicable) and try again?

What version of Windows are you using?

Check in the task manager or get Process Explorer (technet.microsoft.com) to see whether a new process actually starts when Shutter executes the action.

Just to make it clear, the problem exists only when parameters are supplied, is that correct?

Board footer