#1 2010-04-06 05:31

Zoli1972

Shutter randomly doesn't start events if returned from sleep

Hi,

As my topic title says, Shutter randomly doesn't start events if it returns from sleep. Events start immediately, if mouse has been moved or a key has been pressed after wakeup. I even tried to solve the problem by "moving" the mouse using a program after wakeup. No results.

@den4b: How do you retreive the sleep-restore-state? Maybe something doesn't work there? Any logging feature planned for debugging that kind of issue?

WinXP Home SP3 on a Core2Duo machine.

Zoli

Last edited by Zoli1972 (2010-04-06 05:33)

#2 2010-04-06 23:27

den4b
Administrator

Re: Shutter randomly doesn't start events if returned from sleep

I do no retrieve the sleep/restore state, nor it is possible, it works a bit differently. Windows sends a power-management broadcast message WM_POWERBROADCAST before computer goes to sleep/hibernate mode and after it is restored.

If Windows doesn't send this message (randomly) then there might be something seriously wrong with configuration of your system. Note that Shutter will restart events ONLY when events were actually running just before sleep/hibernation.

#3 2010-04-07 22:11

Zoli1972

Yes, I know about WM_POWERBROADCAST. There is everything fine with my system. I have an AutoIt- application, coded by myself, which also uses that WM_POWERBROADCAST message. It is always doing its work. I assume it does, because nothing went wrong with it until now, nothing I ever noticed.
Is it possible, that Shutter randomly doesn't recognize that Windows-message, just because my app sometimes receives (and deletes it by simply reciving it), just before Shutter receivces it?

Note that Shutter will restart events ONLY when events were actually running just before sleep/hibernation.

Do you mention with that, that an event (no matter which, for example "process xy stops") should have been running at least once before sleep, to get Shutter back "on line" after sleep in a correct way?

Zoli

#4 2010-04-08 23:38

den4b
Administrator

Yes, it is possible that other (possibly your) application can intercept the broadcast message, prevent it from being sent to other applications and even deny the power state change. Please check this by running only Shutter without any other non-system-critical applications running at the same time.

I did not understand the meaning of your last sentence. Shutter needs to be started (running events) for them to be resumed after the recovery from suspended state.

Please download the latest development version: ShutterBeta.zip

P.S. Watch out for the changes in presets format!

Board footer