#1 2006-09-09 12:50

Qkid

Welcome back and realtime preview/status

Hope you had a fantastic time back in Russia and are fully recharged cool

While using the CRC function on some large files and smaller ones, I noticed that it only updates the file listing once it has finished all the preview tasks. I guess it's the way you are updating the list but would it be hard to change this to update the view as each file is modified (previewed) to provide more feedback to the user to let them know the status of the preview?

Though i guess if you have lots of small files that might not be the best solution so maybe a counter like (0 of x files previewed) somewhere.

Just a thought as sometimes I was not sure if the program had hung but then did look at the hourglass but i guess any user feedback is good.

thanks

#2 2006-09-10 23:35

den4b
Administrator

Re: Welcome back and realtime preview/status

Yep, had a great time back in Russia, want mooooooore now big_smile

It was always a dilemma for me, when to update the files table. If it is done on each file, then simple operations like inserting something to many files will go much-much slower. But if doing something like MD5 - then updating files table on each file would be sort of essential. Well, this dilemma is no more. I've added another option to the Settings: "real-time update of the preview". It works beautifully with the CRC/HASH functions, it even scrolls automatically smile

Download it from the same place: ReNamerBeta.zip

Tell me how it goes for you, ok?

#3 2006-09-11 11:06

Qkid

Hi,

Cheers for updating Renamer.

Sorry to report that it did a real-time update of the first file in the list then continued with non real-time mode for the rest. Also any chance that the New Name column could be resized to the longest value somehow? You only see the first few letters otherwise but i guess it's no problem just resized manually the width of it before you press Preview. Just a thought though.

#4 2006-09-11 11:34

den4b
Administrator

Ups tongue  It worked for me, but then I realized that I forgot a little thing... Should be fixed now, try downloading it again!

About the width of the NewName field - you are right. Columns are resized only when everything is finished (if you have "auto size table on change" option ticked), it is more efficient that way.

#5 2006-09-11 18:23

Qkid

Works fine now smile Much thanks to you .. When i want to see more info in the columns then i'll just make then wider manually before pressing Preview.

Thanks again.

Board footer