#1 2006-07-09 08:30

robdyk

More additional features in the future ?

Shutter: First of all. I think Shutter is a great program.Many programs like shutter are often shareware,so I was  surprised to see that Shutter is freeware.

I've accidentally found the program on a DVD that came with a computer magazine called PC Consumer (a Dutch computer magazine).

I've only used it once, since i found the program yesterday, but it has much potential....

I have no errors to report, only one suggestion.
Do you think it would be possible to implement more scheduled events ? Now I can set a countdown timer (or a fixed time) to  control one event.  For example: I use Windows media center, and would like to record TV programs on one evening. Let's say, i start recording at 7.00 pm, it records until 8.00 PM. When the recording is done, shutter wil sleep, or hibernate my PC. On the same evening, i want to record a second TV program let's say on 10.00 PM. When that second recording has ended, shutter may shut my computer down. That feature would be very nice...

Is that possible ?  Do you have any plans to implement that into Shutter ?

#2 2006-07-10 11:14

den4b
Administrator

Re: More additional features in the future ?

Hi Rob smile

I already had a thought or two about this scheduling idea, some time ago. It does sound like a very useful feature! But it will require a complete internal re-design of Shutter (from programming point of view). There will be a new version of Shutter coming out very soon, and after that one - I'll try to do that re-design task and I think will add that scheduling idea to Shutter on that stage! It will defiantly require some time, so I can't say when it will be ready...

#3 2006-12-04 14:08

trev

Hi, I have just installed 'shutter' - it came with my Pc Computer Mag

What a 'super' programme ~ excellant, thanks (I suppose I should make a donation now :-)

Anyway,

Can you confirm whether the feature requested above is in version 2.8?

I have a Pc running Windows Media Addition. I am looking to leave the Pc in 'hibenation' - when a scheduled recording event is triggered by Windows, the Pc starts but does not re- hibenate (the Pc just remains on)

I would like to configure 'shutter' to recongise a 'TV recording Event' then when this fishes - re- hibenate the Pc until the next recording and so on.....

Can this be done ?

Many Thanks,

Trev

#4 2006-12-05 18:24

den4b
Administrator

Thanks, Trev! Glad that you like this program smile

What robdyk was asking, is not entirely implemented yet. But what you are asking - is already possible!

Shutter has an event for that purpose, it is called Window Closes. You can specify a title of a window (accepts wildcards as well), which Shutter will be watching, and when it is closed - it will execute an action. So, you can specify a title *Windows Media Addition* (or whatever will match), and select a Hibernate action. Then, use options "Start event when program starts" and "Close program after event has been triggered". Now you can close Shutter, and then add it to Windows Scheduler, just after your Windows Media Addition scheduled task.

Try it, and tell me how it goes, ok?
Good luck!

Board footer