#1 2009-03-01 15:47

bozord

User Inactive event affected by IE

I downloaded the Shutter 3.00 Beta 20 version posted today (3-1-09) so I could use the latest code. I have seen this in previous versions, but wanted to try and narrow down the cause while using the latest release.

What happens is I have shutter installed with the default options, then set up a user inactive event and set the time to 1 minute.  I choose the action to be sleep.  If I start this event and have an internet explorer window up then the user inactive doesn't respond to mouse movements, and just keeps counting up towards the time to sleep.  I can press a key on the keyboard and this resets the inactive time to zero.  If I minimize the internet explorer window, and stop and start shutter, then the inactive time responds to mouse movements.  So it appears as if IE is somehow affecting whether mouse movements impact the inactive user event.

I am running windows vista home premium 64 bit.  I don't know if this has anything to do with it.  I also have a wireless microsoft optical mouse as well.  I could try a wired mouse I guess.  Any idea what might be causing this?

Thanks!

#2 2013-06-06 18:07

den4b
Administrator

Re: User Inactive event affected by IE

For the reference, this issue should be fixed by Shutter 3.00 Beta 39.

New API is used for detecting user inactivity on Windows 2000 and higher.

Board footer