#1 2014-07-29 20:14

knalle

How to rename using 'Date' attribute from iPhone files

I have exported all my photos from my iPhone and want to rename them according to the date they were taken.
I know there is the metadata such as:

:File_DateCreated:
:File_DateModified:
:EXIF_Date:

But the program that I used stored the correct date in a Date attribute - is there any way to retrieve this? I can see the dates in Windows Explorer and sort by them.

#2 2014-07-29 23:45

den4b
Administrator

Re: How to rename using 'Date' attribute from iPhone files

I have renamed photos from iPhone using :EXIF_Date: meta tag without any problems. Correct date is being used.

Have you modified your photos, even simple opening and re-saving, using any other applications? How did you copy your photos from iPhone? Sometimes image editing and management software mess up meta tags.

Can you also provide a sample photo? (Please specify expected and resulting dates)

#3 2014-07-30 08:30

knalle

Thanks for the reply smile
I can use that for JPGs fine. The problem is there isn't EXIF data on movie files - and I have just as many movies recorded. So I will be needing to access the Date attribute somehow. Third party tool will be ok, if you know any. I would prefer the otherwise excellent ReNamer smile

#4 2014-07-30 14:19

den4b
Administrator

If you find a command line tool that can extract date from your movie files, then you can integrate it into ReNamer via PascalScript rule.

Here is an example script that integrates Exiv2 library for extracting image meta data:
http://www.den4b.com/wiki/ReNamer:Scripts:Exiv2

An more sample scripts here:
http://www.den4b.com/wiki/ReNamer:Scripts

Board footer