#1 2013-12-19 15:38

skates

Help. Can't load presets. Presets is greyed out.

ReNamer worked fine earlier today and there's no discernible reason why my presets should have disappeared or from where to recover them.  My last backup doesn't have all of my presets or the numerous rules recently added and I'm not looking forward to spending all of those hours in writing new rules.  If anyone has experienced this, please help.   Perhaps I'm overlooking the location of the ini or rnp file.

Happy ReNamer User  :)

#2 2013-12-19 17:26

den4b
Administrator

Re: Help. Can't load presets. Presets is greyed out.

Certain system configuration changes could cause the change of path where ReNamer would be looking for presets. ReNamer itself does not move the presets around, and certainly doesn't delete them unless by user's request via Presets Manager.

ReNamer normally stores the presets in the Presets folder within the installation directory. For example, if you have installed ReNamer in "C:\Tools\ReNamer" then presets will be stored in "C:\Tools\ReNamer\Presets".

However, if you you have installed ReNamer into a protected location like Program Files and you are using Windows Vista, 7 or 8 with the UAC (User Account Control) enabled then presets will be stored in VirtualStore.

Open Windows Explorer and in the address bar enter: %LocalAppData%\VirtualStore

Look around for files related to ReNamer, for example:

• %LocalAppData%\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\ReNamer

• %LocalAppData%\VirtualStore\Program Files\ReNamer

If this doesn't reveal your presets then try to search the whole computer, including hidden and system files/folders.

I hope you'll find them. Let us know how it goes.

#3 2013-12-19 17:42

skates

I found them in Virtual Store.  That is just wonderful and thank you very much.

Happy ReNamer User  :)

#4 2013-12-20 07:54

den4b
Administrator

I'm glad you found them! Happy renaming!

#5 2014-09-18 10:28

den4b
Administrator

For the reference: All these problems with UAC and VirtualStore should be gone in ReNamer v6. The installer version will use user profile directory to store all user data.

Board footer