#1 2016-10-03 09:04

Lauraq

invalid characters

why the "    E'   " character is read invalid?

other help, is possible show in your fantastic program the Explorer Windows so I can open the folder that I want. I use KRename and I m looking for a program like it smile

#2 2016-10-03 11:02

den4b
Administrator

Re: invalid characters

Lauraq wrote:

why the "    E'   " character is read invalid?

Your example does not contain any invalid characters.

Check if your filenames contain any of the officially documented invalid characters:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/177506

If you still can't find them, use the Export option in ReNamer to save your paths to a TXT or CSV file, so to preserve unusual characters which may otherwise get lost during copy and paste. Then, send that file by email as an attachment.

Lauraq wrote:

other help, is possible show in your fantastic program the Explorer Windows so I can open the folder that I want. I use KRename and I m looking for a program like it smile

Check options in Main menu > Settings -> Misc.

Please ask unrelated questions in separate threads in future.

#3 2016-10-03 21:16

Lauraq

ops..sorry... my mistake and sorry for the 2 question in the same post smile

In the Main menu > Settings -> Misc option I don't see the option for show the Explorer into the program. I like the integration but, when I open ReNamer is possible see the folder tree on the left and you can decide which files and folders to rename? I have always used Krename, now does not work well with Win10, but for me it is a GREAT program only which was abandoned. But if you want to try to download it and see how it works, I think you would find excellent ideas to improve ReNamer, which is already beautiful course smile

Last edited by Lauraq (2016-10-03 21:22)

#4 2016-10-05 19:03

den4b
Administrator

Both options "Add to folders context menu" and "Add to Send To context menu" allow you to access ReNamer from the context menu of files/folders.

is possible see the folder tree on the left

No, there is no need for it. You can use any file explorer, including Windows Explorer, and just drag over the files to ReNamer.

#5 2016-10-05 21:12

Lauraq

the drag and drop add the new file to the other and is muddler and an integrated explored file is better than an external, I do not think of saying the wrong thing. It would be nice also to hear the opinion of other users, for me to be a useful function since it would simultaneously rename, for example, 5 dir of 20 present in a dir. We can select exactly what we want rename.
Sorry if I bored you, do not break anymore but dream that you think on my request, ReNamer become the best existing renamer, if it is not already smile

Board footer