#1 2016-12-05 17:39

Glenn

den4b start folder

I would like to change the location of the den4b folder.
It always wants to create the folder on the root of my D: drive and I can't seem to find a place to change the path at startup.

Glenn

#2 2016-12-05 18:15

den4b
Administrator

Re: den4b start folder

Hi Glenn,

It's not clear what you mean by "den4b folder".

Please provide more details:

1. What is the content of that folder?
2. Where is ReNamer.exe located?
3. Have you used Installer or Portable version?
4. Your version of Windows?

#3 2016-12-05 18:28

Glenn

ReNamer folder is in there and it creates a scripts folder and Translits folder within the ReNamer folder.
The .exe is in:  "C:\Program Files (x86)\ReNamer\ReNamer.exe"
I used the Installer
Windows 10 Pro

I keep all my presets (etc) on my E:drive but even if I delete the folder on the D: drive every time I start ReNamer it creates a new den4b folder on the D: drive again.

Glenn

#4 2016-12-05 20:59

den4b
Administrator

The installer version of ReNamer saves its settings in the user profile directory by default. It appears that your system points the user profile directory (or "My Documents" folder specifically) to your D: drive.

You can change the location where ReNamer saves its settings by changing the content of "Storage.ini" file, which should be located in the same folder as "ReNamer.exe". Please post here the current content of that file. Then, you can replace it with a full path of your choice, e.g.: "E:\Tools\ReNamer\".

Next time you start ReNamer it will use the path defined in "Storage.ini" file for saving its settings.

Alternatively, you can use a portable version of ReNamer. Portable version saves all settings in the same folder as the executable file.

#5 2016-12-05 22:38

Glenn

The Storage.ini has the following:    #USER#

However does the portable do the same as installer?  I could just install that.

#6 2016-12-06 16:49

den4b
Administrator

You can simply replace the content of "Storage.ini" file a full path where you prefer to store the settings. This should completely replace the current content "#USER#".

Portable version will store settings wherever you unpack it. Settings are stored in the same folder as "ReNamer.exe". Just make sure it is not a write-protected location like the Program Files folder.

By the way, which version of ReNamer are you using?

Board footer