#1 2017-01-30 15:15

Heelertreats

Rename files from external text list

I've seen related questions and answers, but what I've seen so far is more complicated than I need and I was hoping for a simpler process.

I have a document which is a testing form, intended for field use/pen on paper completion when a piece of equipment is installed.  On a given project, there are hundreds of pieces of equipment that require this documentation.

To date, I've named these sheets manually.  But I'd like to have, say, a hundred of these identical sheets in a file and batch rename them from an external list containing the names of the equipment.

Everything I've seen so far has required that the external list somehow match a characteristic of the filenames that need to change (i.e. "song5" needs to change to "song5 - nickelback"), but I don't need that level of complexity because all the files are identical.

Ideas?

Thanks in advance!

#2 2017-01-30 21:20

Stefan

Re: Rename files from external text list

Hi and welcome.

I am not sure if I understood correctly,... a few before/after examples had helped me.

Take a look at our wiki >> http://www.den4b.com/wiki/ReNamer:Rules:UserInput

UserInput
This rule replaces the original filenames with the names taken from the list.
(The nth line in the list serves as the new name for the nth file in the Files pane.)

Is it that what you are looking for?

Read the  *WIKI* for HELP + MANUAL + Tips&Tricks.
If ReNamer had helped you, please *DONATE* to Denis or buy a PRO license. (Read *Lite vs Pro*)

#3 2017-01-30 21:28

Heelertreats

YES!! I knew it had to be there somewhere.

That works perfectly.

Thank you!

#4 2017-01-31 09:05

Stefan

You are welcome.

Read the  *WIKI* for HELP + MANUAL + Tips&Tricks.
If ReNamer had helped you, please *DONATE* to Denis or buy a PRO license. (Read *Lite vs Pro*)

Board footer