#1 2016-12-21 04:13

RecordMan

Sub Folders In The Preset List

I'm a heavy user of ReNamer, mostly for renaming mp3 files for specialized playlists. I have almost 30 presets and the vertical height of the Preset List nearly fills my display. Is there a way to create sub-folders in the Preset List?

#2 2016-12-29 10:49

den4b
Administrator

Re: Sub Folders In The Preset List

There is no way to have a folder structure in the presets menu yet, but it is on the list for future implementation.

In the meantime you can use the Presets Manager (Ctrl+P) to manage a large list of presets, or associate preset files (*.rnp) with ReNamer in the Settings and after open presets from the Windows Explorer.

#3 2017-01-02 21:40

RecordMan

Admin:

Thanks for the reply. I'm very much looking forward to the addition of folders in the preset list. Hopefully this can be implemented in the not too distant future.

RecordMan

#4 2017-01-10 22:50

den4b
Administrator

This feature got bumped up in priority, but no due date yet.

#5 2017-01-11 10:20

RecordMan

Admin:

I really appreciate this feature being bumped up in priority! The more I learn about ReNamer's capabilities, the more specialized presets I create. My preset list height is approaching my screen height! wink

I'm wondering, how often do releases happen? smile
RecordMan

#6 2017-01-16 21:19

den4b
Administrator

RecordMan wrote:

I'm wondering, how often do releases happen? smile

Full releases happen twice a year on average, but latest development version is updated much more frequently.

#7 2017-05-31 08:47

RecordMan

Is there any way sub folders in the Preset List could be added to the current Beta Release? With all the new enhancements from the last release, I'm up to around 35 presets which fills the vertical height of my screen. I'm sure others would appreciate sub folders as well. Sub folders would also help to group/categorize similar presets.

#8 2017-06-02 17:05

den4b
Administrator

RecordMan wrote:

Is there any way sub folders in the Preset List could be added to the current Beta Release? With all the new enhancements from the last release, I'm up to around 35 presets which fills the vertical height of my screen. I'm sure others would appreciate sub folders as well. Sub folders would also help to group/categorize similar presets.

This feature is in the works, but I cannot guarantee that it will be released as part of the current development cycle.

Updates regarding this feature will be posted in this thread. You can subscribe to it to get instant email notifications on new posts.

#9 2017-06-02 20:15

RecordMan

Many Thanks for the reply. I hope this feature can be implemented in the very near future because my Preset List is growing rapidly. I appreciate the tip on subscribing to the topic.

#10 2017-06-10 18:58

den4b
Administrator

Good news! smile

Directory structures for presets have been implemented in ReNamer 6.7.0.3 Beta. Note that this is a preliminary implementation, so some aspects of this feature may change in the subsequent development versions.

You can finally re-organize your presets into hierarchical directory structure. When saving a preset, simply use the usual directory separator in the preset name to automatically create directory structures.

This feature only makes sense for the Pro version because the Lite version is restricted to a maximum of 5 presets, so preset folders will be disabled by default in the Lite version.

Board footer