#41 2009-07-30 13:19

den4b
Administrator

Re: Setting up a Wiki: DokuWiki or MediaWiki

I have configured Short URL in Wiki. Now articles can be easily linked to from outside of the wiki.

Please test and report any problems here...

#42 2009-07-30 13:23

den4b
Administrator

By the way, Narayan, my fears of the FCKEditor extension have been realized. It does create a small mess out of the pages by putting unnecessary markup. Please, use the rich editor only when creating new large articles (for easy of use), but for small to medium edits please use the plain text editor.

#43 2009-08-22 06:16

narayan

Denis,

There seems to be a problem in linking images with long names (?)

I uploaded an image and then embedded it on the context menu page (a screenshot of the context menus that appears when we right-click on the column headers in the Files pane). But it does not show up.

The text seems fine. I tried FKEditor also, but no difference.

Probably the image needs a shorter name??

Last edited by narayan (2009-08-22 06:17)

#44 2009-08-23 11:41

den4b
Administrator

It is not a problem with long names. This issue is caused by something really different, something on the server. I've been onto them for such a long time regarding this issue. During some random periods uploaded files get messed up permissions, so nobody can see them, until I manually fix the permissions. They failed to help me, as these "random" periods are impossible to catch and debug. I reported it several times, but by the time they read the damn ticket - the problem is gone.

If you notice these things happening again, please report it directly to me (via email) so I can quickly fix the permissions.

#45 2009-08-26 02:53

narayan

There is yet another problem with the wiki: When I upload the new screenshot, it says a file with this name exists. If I go ahead, it shows the earlier screenshot and says the new file is a duplicate of that. (In reality, the screenshot is a little different). So I select "ignore and upload anyway".

The Mediawiki apparently allows me to upload the new file.
But all I can see is the old file. The new file simply vanishes!

I tried this on two different days with the same result.

#46 2009-08-26 08:34

krtek

I had a similar problem with avatar on the forum. All I did was waiting about two days and then trying to upload it again. And then it worked. Weird.

Regular Expressions are not as hard to understand as you may think. Check ReNamer's manual or nice Regular Expressions tutorial for more info and start to use full power of applications that use them (like ReNamer, Mp3Tag and so on).

#47 2009-08-27 13:01

eR@SeR

I had a similar problem with avatar on the forum.

I cannot see it when I'm in log in status. Maybe it's intended behaviour...

TRUTH, FREEDOM, JUSTICE and FATHERLAND are the highest morale values which human is born, lives and dies for!

#48 2009-08-29 21:55

krtek

And now I had exactly the same problem with Wiki file uploading.

Regular Expressions are not as hard to understand as you may think. Check ReNamer's manual or nice Regular Expressions tutorial for more info and start to use full power of applications that use them (like ReNamer, Mp3Tag and so on).

Board footer