Introduction to ReNamer
ReNamer is a very powerful and flexible file renaming tool with the following features:
- The workflow toolbar makes renaming easy.
- ReNamer can rename files belonging to different folders (or even different computers) at a time.
- Extensive set of rules for renaming
- You can stack multiple rules in any sequence and apply in that order.
- Full preview (affected file names can be highlighted)
- Facility to try out the stack of rules on user-defined text (this allows safe experimentation, without risking real files).
- ReNamer can automatically handle name-conflicts arising from the renaming
- You can save the stack of rules and re-use it later
- ReNamer can rename folders also
- Can rename neighborhood files also
- Can use RegEx (Regular Expressions) for the renaming,
- Supports Unicode filenames (e.g., Asian scripts, Cyrillic , French, Spanish, Arabic, Hebrew, etc.)
- Allows scripting (Pascal Script) to create complex renaming logic (Many scripts are available at the Users' Forum)
- Can extract a large variety of meta tags (e.g. ID3v1, ID3v2, EXIF, OLE, AVI, MD5, SHA1, CRC32, etc.) from files and use them for the renaming
- Can export/import the renaming-related information