#1 2010-12-07 05:24

milwaukeeguy

Swapping Artist and Title on files.. but there's more

I am running the Beta Version of Renamer because of the Rearrange function that was added. I have several thousand audio files that I would like to swap the Title and Artist on. I'm able to get that to happen for the most part using Split By Delimiters (set as a "-) which is correct and patterns as $2 - $1. So far so good. But, all of the files have additional information after the title and artist.

For example:

Bobby Darin - Splish Splash [0-0-27-2].mp3

The information in the brackets is used for some automaton software I use. It needs to be there. Can I set renamer to avoid moving that information while still swapping out the title and artist?

The result I'm looking for is: (for example)

Splish Splash - Bobby Darin [0-0-27-2].mp3

Your help is appreciated.

#2 2010-12-07 08:52

Stefan

Re: Swapping Artist and Title on files.. but there's more

Hi milwaukeeguy, welcome.

With the Rearrange Rule you can use more then one delimiter at the same time. Separate them by an "|"
For each delimiter the string is split and if your file names are consistent the following may help you.

TO:
Splish Splash - Bobby Darin [0-0-27-2].mp3

Try Rearrange rule:
Rearrange: Split by delimiters " - ", " [", New pattern "$2 - $1 [$3" (skip extension)

Explanation:
Split by delimiters " - " and " [" gives us:
$1=Bobby Darin
$2=Splish Splash
$3=0-0-27-2].mp3

Then we use as New pattern
"$2 - $1 [$3"

Note that this rule will remove the delimiter we split on, so we have to add them to the "new pattern" too.

Additional tip: if you have more then one " - " pattern in your file name,
like f.ex. : Bobby Darin - Splish Splash [0 - 0-27-2].mp3
then you may use ""Split by exact pattern of delimiters"" which respects the order of occurrences of the delimiters.

HTH? big_smile

Maybe the wiki will show you some more:
http://www.den4b.com/wiki/ReNamer:Rules:Rearrange
http://www.den4b.com/wiki/ReNamer:Rules … e_Examples
(Thanks to the wiki maintainers)

Read the  *WIKI* for HELP + MANUAL + Tips&Tricks.
If ReNamer had helped you, please *DONATE* to Denis or buy a PRO license. (Read *Lite vs Pro*)

#3 2010-12-08 04:03

milwaukeeguy

Re: Swapping Artist and Title on files.. but there's more

Wow, that worked! I had to play with it a bit because of the quotation marks, but it works! I will really enjoy this. I've been looking for a way to do this for months now.. Thank you for your help and to the author of the software. A great solution!

Tim

Board footer