When I use "Capitialize Every Word",

MacArthur changes to Macarthur

O'Connor changes to O'connor

is there a way to overcome this?

Thanks in advance.

#2 2011-03-09 21:20

Stefan

Re: Unwanted Effect of "Capitialize Every Word"

The "MacArthur" case is by design, no one knows that you didn't want to change this word.
The "O'Connor" case is an issue with word separators, but we can't modify them somewhere.

You can use the "Force case fragments" option in the case rule to exclude such words from renaming:
1) Case: Capitalize every word (skip extension), Force case fragments "MacArthur" "O'Connor"

If that are to many words to exclude you may want to do an workaround:

First search for lower case char following by upper case char an place an marker in between, i use here an column.
Note that this is no real renaming but only used temporarily for the preview.
1) RegEx: Replace expression "([a-z])([A-Z])" with "$1:$2" (case-sensitive) (skip extension)

And second the same for ' which i replace here by an ?
Search for an upper case char followed by an ' followed by an another upper case char:
2) RegEx: Replace expression "([A-Z])'([A-Z])" with "$1?$2" (case-sensitive) (skip extension)

Then do your case change:
3) Case: Capitalize every word (skip extension)

At last replace the markers by the original signs again:
4) RegEx: Replace expression "([a-z]):([A-Z])" with "$1$2" (case-sensitive) (skip extension)
5) RegEx: Replace expression "([A-Z])\?([A-Z])" with "$1'$2" (case-sensitive) (skip extension)

I use : and ? here as marker, but you can use any sign as long as they are not in the file name itself.

HTH? big_smile

Read the  *WIKI* for HELP + MANUAL + Tips&Tricks.
If ReNamer had helped you, please *DONATE* to Denis or buy a PRO license. (Read *Lite vs Pro*)

Board footer