#1 2011-04-05 08:05

delerious

Filemask is always remembered - option to disable that?

When you add a folder, you can click on the Filter Settings and then specify a filemask so that you don't add all the files.  But then it remembers the filemask you typed in, so that the next time you add a folder it will use the same filemask that you used before.  You may not remember that previously you had specified a filemask, and if you want to add all the files in a folder, you may not bother to click on Filter Settings, and then you end up adding less files than you thought, and you may not even realize it.  That would be bad.  How about an option to not remember the filemask?

#2 2011-04-05 10:12

den4b
Administrator

Re: Filemask is always remembered - option to disable that?

I have something similar in mind that will hopefully address this issue. I am planning to add another button to the Filter Settings dialogue called "Default" which when clicked will remember the settings for the next launch, otherwise, settings will be active only for the current session and will be restored on next launch to previous default settings.

#3 2011-04-05 17:58

delerious

How about not remembering it at all, so that if you were to click on Add Folder again in the same session it won't remember from the previous time (unless you clicked on the Default button)?

#4 2011-04-05 18:40

den4b
Administrator

I don't consider this to be intuitive.

On the other hand, the "Default" button scenario will let users revert back to default filter settings without closing the application by using "New Project" option.

P.S. I noticed that "Page Setup" option in MS Word uses the same approach and it seems to work quite well.

Last edited by den4b (2011-04-05 18:42)

#5 2011-04-05 19:00

delerious

I was just thinking that if you wanted to add files from various folders, all in the same project, that you might specify a filemask for one folder, but not want to use that filemask for subsequent folders.

#6 2011-05-31 11:51

Enrico65

"Default" button (and/or "Reset all rules") seems a good approach to me... But please don't hide these useful buttons in submenus! Or give us the possibility of personalizing the toolbars and keyboard shortcuts ...

Last edited by Enrico65 (2011-06-01 09:10)

Board footer