#21 2007-03-25 11:51

den4b
Administrator

Re: Camera A's date is 1 year behind, can I change the EXIF data?

Would it be at all possible to have the Pascal script run, reorganize the files in order of when they were taken and then have the rest of the options run after that?

But that's what it does already, isn't? Is it the "reorganize" part of it??

If yes, than there is only one way in which it could be done. Imagine you list of rules:

+ Replace all MVI with IMG
+ Delete from Position 1 to End (skip ext)
+ Run Pascal Code
- Serialize starting from 1 - prefix
- Lowercase the extension
- Insert " - " as Suffix (before extension)
- Insert ":File_FolderName:" as Suffix (before extension)

Mark only first 3 rules in the list (as shown above), and Preview. Then you can sort them by clicking on one of the available columns (right click the header for the full list of columns). Then you can mark back on the rest of the rules and do the final preview/rename.

#22 2007-03-25 23:12

Saturn2888

Ah! THANK YOU SO MUCH! Okay, that's gonna be a lot easier to do now.

#23 2007-05-04 09:13

Saturn2888

I guess I found something else. All the videos have a Date Created. The Pascal code might still needed, but I guess we could modify it up a bit you know? The Date Created would match the camera's internal EXIF data except that it wouldn't show the seconds. Wait, I just tried it and it DOES show the seconds. I think this is the solution to all of my problems then. If I run everything using this protocol, I can organize them first by Date Created, then hit Rename, then do my own set of rules. I was wondering, would it be possible to have ReNamer have another function added that shows the final version of the new names after doing a sort.

What my next step to do is to then have it rename all the files by Date Created, sort them all by name, essentially sorting them by Date Created, and then rename them all using the rules I use. Is that possible?

Last edited by Saturn2888 (2007-05-04 09:13)

#24 2007-05-04 12:43

den4b
Administrator

Saturn2888 wrote:

What my next step to do is to then have it rename all the files by Date Created, sort them all by name, essentially sorting them by Date Created, and then rename them all using the rules I use. Is that possible?

ReNamer has "Created" column, and you can use it to sort your files before or after renaming. Right-click on the columns to see the full list of available columns. Then, simply left click on any one of them to sort by that column. Does that solve your problem?

112993renamer-created-column.JPG

#25 2007-05-04 21:08

Saturn2888

I see. All I'd have to do then is sort them by Date Created and then I can just use my normal set of rules. Cool!

Btw, the Pascal code does come in handy when some of your files have no Date Created date. I dunno how that's possible, but there are about 10 albums of photos from my old camera that have no Date Created data.

#26 2007-05-05 08:16

den4b
Administrator

Saturn2888 wrote:

Btw, the Pascal code does come in handy when some of your files have no Date Created date. I dunno how that's possible, but there are about 10 albums of photos from my old camera that have no Date Created data.

Not possible. What do you mean by saying "photos from my old camera that have no Date Created"?? What date are you talking about? Each file has 3 sets of dates associated with it: created, last modified, last access. You can view them via the Properties dialog of each file. That "File Created Date" - is the date when file was created in the file system (when you move it from one file system to another - this date may change). Be warned: that "File Created Date" IS DIFFERENT FROM "Exif Date".

#27 2007-05-05 08:18

Saturn2888

Yeah, I know that, but the pictures literally had NO creation date. I was kinda confused.

#28 2007-05-05 08:20

den4b
Administrator

Where the date was missing? In the table's "Created" column, or the value for the "File_CreatedDate" tag wasn't extracted? Does that date exist in the Properties of the file?

#29 2007-05-05 08:21

Saturn2888

Nope, doesn't exist at all. I'm on Skype if you want me to send you one of them.

Board footer