#1 2015-11-05 01:06

den4b
Administrator

ReNamer 6.3

This is a big update for ReNamer which brings a wide range of improvements and new features.

A quick summary of the biggest changes in ReNamer 6.3:

1. Added Torrent file meta tags.

2. Added function name completion (Ctrl+Space) in PascalScript code window.

3. Added meta tags filter box.

4. Added Exclude filter masks in addition to existing Include masks.

5. Improved handling of right-to-left languages.

Full list of changes in ReNamer 6.3:

* Updated Serbian language file.
* Internal PascalScript code optimizations.
* Fixed incorrectly displayed declaration for overloaded functions, e.g. Length.
* Changed default size of PascalScript auto-completion window (20x600 to 16x400).
* Added new PascalScript functions: StrToIntDef, StrToInt64Def, TryStrToInt, RandomFloat, RandomBoolean, MinInt, MinInt64, MinFloat, MaxInt, MaxInt64, MaxFloat.
* Added function name completion (Ctrl+Space) in PascalScript code window.
* Updated Russian (ru) translation file.
* Updated Japanese translation file.
* Added Torrent file meta tags: Torrent_Name, Torrent_Hash, Torrent_Announce, Torrent_Comment, Torrent_Publisher, Torrent_CreationDateUTC, Torrent_CreationDateLocal, Torrent_CountFiles, Torrent_TotalSizeBytes, Torrent_TotalSizeKB, Torrent_TotalSizeMB, Torrent_TotalSizeGB.
* Fixed missing time component in files table for midnight (00:00:00).
* Added more date/time functions to PascalScript: SecondSpan, EncodeDateTime, DecodeDateTime, TryEncodeDateTime, ComposeDateTime.
* Minor code optimizations.
* Fixed broken "Stay on top" option (used to be called "Always on top"), and it no longer requires a restart.
* Added meta tags filter box, populated with existing meta tag categories.
* Added "Delete current name" option to Delete rule.
* Added "Replace current name" option to Insert rule.
* Repositioned components in Rearrange rule to better fit localized text.
* Updated Russian (ru) translation file.
* Updated Chinese Simplified (zh_CN) translation file.
* Set application BidiMode (right-to-left) according to the selected language, instead of by system locale.
* Added BiDiCode setting in INI file for overiding application BidiMode, possible values: AUTO, LTR, RTL.
* Improvements to the registration procedure.
* Added Exclude filter masks in addition to existing Include masks.
* Filter masks now support Unicode characters.
* Updated Brazilian language PO file.

#2 2015-11-05 13:01

Stefan

Re: ReNamer 6.3

Thanks for the new release.

I like the 'function name completion' possibility. (especially since I found the re-size feature of that dialog)
I would like to have here a kind of "copy" feature to paste the whole function description into the script dialog.
Something like a context menu with "Copy" on that 'function name completion' fly-out.
Or maybe hold Ctrl-key plus click on a line in that 'function name completion' window?
But this is only a very minor wish. Lets see how it works as it is....

And thanks for implementing some requested features to improve user experiences.

CU

Last edited by Stefan (2015-11-05 13:02)

Read the  *WIKI* for HELP + MANUAL + Tips&Tricks.
If ReNamer had helped you, please *DONATE* to Denis or buy a PRO license. (Read *Lite vs Pro*)

#3 2015-11-05 23:52

den4b
Administrator

Thanks for your feedback, Stefan.

There are more interesting features coming soon.

A quick sneak peek:
A new renaming rule is nearly ready for testing. It is designed to identify all possible date/time formats and convert them to a different user specified format. Perhaps it will be called "Reformat Date/Time".

#4 2015-11-06 22:20

fairb

Thank you for the update for one of best programs! Can I make the suggestion?
There are 5 presets for all my needs, and I must switch between them quite often. It is quite annoying to switch presets in the mode "Presets - Load - Name of preset". Hotkeys are not the best solution. Not all people are able to remember which presets are binded with the hotkeys "Ctrl+1, 2, etc", and I'm one of them.
Can I ask you to add the optional button "Load preset" to the toolbar? It could be shown/hidden from the "Settings" menu.
Thanks a lot for your work!

#5 2015-11-07 13:54

den4b
Administrator

fairb wrote:

Can I make the suggestion?
There are 5 presets for all my needs, and I must switch between them quite often. It is quite annoying to switch presets in the mode "Presets - Load - Name of preset". Hotkeys are not the best solution. Not all people are able to remember which presets are binded with the hotkeys "Ctrl+1, 2, etc", and I'm one of them. Can I ask you to add the optional button "Load preset" to the toolbar? It could be shown/hidden from the "Settings" menu.

There is already a "Load preset" menu in the main menu (Presets->Load).

Alternatively, just open Presets Manager (Ctrl+P) and double click on any preset to quickly load it.

P.S. Please post these suggestions in a new topic in future.

#6 2015-11-10 19:24

fairb

Ctrl+P - thank you very much!

Board footer