#1 2016-03-25 20:09

Elektro

Handle mouse input events in the Listview

Hi

I come with a simple and useful savetimer idea.

One of the (very few) disturbing things that I always need to face in Renamer, is the lack of mouse interaction in this control:

CNDkGIP.png

What I mean?, well, actually to select all the current items in the control, trying to do the less steps possible, is following these steps:

1. Select the first item (call it Starting index item).
2. Hold SHIFT key.
3. Select the last item (call it Ending Index item)

Or messing with the submenus of the contextmenu to select all, then again reopen the contextmenu to remove them all or press the DEL key, which maybe could be faster or not, depending on how fast your eyes localize the contextmenu options.

When the user makes usage of this program a lot of times during the day, adding items, removing them, annd so on, these steps are multiplied by a nightmare factor, its very disgusting, also, the need of having one hand put in the keyboard to press the SIFT key, that is not good.

This can be improved to reduce the steps just handling the mouse left click under the blank space of the control to select the items as we can do, inexplicably, in the upper-listview of Renamer.

An example:
http://i.imgur.com/epyBJZb.gif

http://i.imgur.com/Tms0DZu.png

Actually, a simple and basic mouse selection can't be done in Renamer with the filenames, but it can be done in the rules listview, why this behavior?.

Please consider this suggestion Den4b!

Thanks for read.

Last edited by Elektro (2016-03-25 20:14)

#2 2016-03-25 22:05

den4b
Administrator

Re: Handle mouse input events in the Listview

Thanks for a very detailed demonstration of your request.

This type of selection was originally available in the files table, but was disabled due to serious bugs in a 3rd party component (very different from the component used in the rules table). Recent tests did not highlight any issues, so lets try to re-enable the ability to draw the selection with a mouse.

It will be available for testing in the upcoming v6.4.0.1 Beta.

#3 2016-03-25 22:45

Elektro

I just can say thankyou!

When I noted that the mouse selection was enabled in the rules table, then I imagined that probably you disabled it in the filenames table for some unknown reason for me, or that maybe you missed to enable this feature for that table.

thanks again.

#4 2016-03-28 18:05

den4b
Administrator

It looks like there are still some issues in the 3rd party component, so this feature will have to stay disabled for a while.

#5 2020-08-23 12:30

den4b
Administrator

ReNamer 7.2.0.5 Beta:
Restored the ability to draw the selection rectangle with a mouse in the files table.

#6 2020-08-23 13:09

Elektro

Thanks for support den4b, good job!

Board footer