#31 2011-11-06 01:35

eR@SeR

Re: Different languages and localization

Hi SafetyCar, thanx for offering yourself to do a translation smile
Now about your questions/thoughts:

Spanish language occupies normally more space than English. I'm doing my best to maintain about the same length, but sometimes it's almost impossible. For sure is going to need a revision, I'll try then to shorten them a little bit more if needed.

Serbian too, also Cyrillic letter occupies more space than Latin, so I had more problems that you should. Don't worry mine job is too see, check if everything is ok, if there are graphical glitches I will correct them if not possible I will ask you (or any other translator) to abbreviate it (I'll give you a list), then compile to exe and that's it. Then Denis will publish it.

On the wiki, the "side notes" made me doubt. With this translations, are you going to give us the new compiled version or are we going to need to use such tools?
I tried witing it to the wiki but I don't know way chrome wasn't respecting the line breaks, so I'll leave it here instead.

Translator's part is to translate txt file and try to publish it on wiki, if there are any problems with it, publish it using "code" button on forum as you did (temporary solution) or send it to Denis (best solution). As you saw on wiki, I'm currently in charge about those tools, so don't worry wink I will talk to Denis to make some things more clear too... This is only a beginning and we will try to improve Localization page for translators. Any other thoughts/questions are welcome to do such task. Thank you all!

On the Localized-Table, I would suggest the first column link to the translated.exe, second as it is, and on third "complete" linking to translation text.

I agree with that.

What should I do now?

Sit and wait your exe these days. I've read whole your txt already.
Please check whole translation again cause Sisulizer underlined many misspelled words (which shouldn't be a mistake of course but...). I noted that you didn't type colon ":" at the end of some strings (lines), please correct that. Good news that everything passed very well. I compiled exe successfully. So revise it again and you did it. I will give you strings that should be abbreviated as I said.

Thanks for doing translation, it wasn't be an easy task!
P.S. You were extremely fast, good job!
  tongue

For translators: When exe file is created, you will see/download it, and if you think that you or I did something wrong, let me know via e-mail with stated lines of that text respectively (view/status bar in notepad) and we will settle that. Thanks in advance smile

Last edited by eR@SeR (2011-11-06 01:39)

TRUTH, FREEDOM, JUSTICE and FATHERLAND are the highest morale values which human is born, lives and dies for!

#32 2011-11-06 03:33

eR@SeR

After 2 hours of graphical making up there is only 3 lines that have to be abbreviated:

1. Redimensionar automáticamente el tamaño de la tabla cuando haya cambios (-14 characters)
2. Por favor especifique la carpeta donde desea guardar los accesos directos. (-8 characters)
3. Añadir Archivos/Añadir  Carpetas (-1 character) ---> in next version I could do resizing in main window

Other lines are somehow made to be fitted smile

Next thing is sending ready exe to Denis after you finish mentioned things and your effort will be shown wink

TRUTH, FREEDOM, JUSTICE and FATHERLAND are the highest morale values which human is born, lives and dies for!

#33 2011-11-06 09:58

SafetyCar
Website

Ooops, I forgot more colons than I thought... I added them, I hope it doesn't break anything.

3. Añadir Archivos/Añadir Carpetas (-1 character)

That's one of the most difficult to correct. Any way I changed it, I think that will do.

I added the corrected translation (now with Opera hmm) here: ReNamer 5.60 Spanish
And I updated the Wiki here: Localization

If this software has helped you, consider getting your pro version. :)

#34 2011-11-06 14:47

den4b
Administrator

#35 2011-11-07 07:59

ozzii

Why there is no possibility on the Wiki to create a new account ?
I would like to create one for starting the French translation of Renamer.

#36 2011-11-07 09:42

Stefan

ozzii wrote:

Why there is no possibility on the Wiki to create a new account ?
I would like to create one for starting the French translation of Renamer.

Please see den4b new signature line.

Read the  *WIKI* for HELP + MANUAL + Tips&Tricks.
If ReNamer had helped you, please *DONATE* to Denis or buy a PRO license. (Read *Lite vs Pro*)

#37 2011-11-07 09:45

den4b
Administrator

ozzii wrote:

Why there is no possibility on the Wiki to create a new account?

I have registered an account for you on the Wiki with the same email and username as on the Forum, please check your email.

#38 2011-11-08 07:18

ozzii

@den4b
Thanks...

@Stefan
Maybe, but I can't see the signature I've disable it in my account.

#39 2011-11-09 20:15

SafetyCar
Website

Ozzii, I noticed by chance that you forgot a line in the translation:

Note: disabling any of these options will increase performance when processing large amount of files.=

Just to let you know  wink

If this software has helped you, consider getting your pro version. :)

#40 2011-11-10 14:03

ozzii

F..... I will look at it.
Thanks

Board footer