#1 2022-05-17 06:43

ecomms

Feature Request: Edit Rule with Live Preview.

Hello,

I am completely aware that this request might be too involved to implement but I thought I would ask anyway.
Ideally the request would apply to all rules, although I'm aware that this would be most likely a huge undertaking.
But if at least the main desired Delete rule could have this feature, for the reason indicated below, then that would still be a big help.

Example operation before request implementation:
1. Some files need to have undesired characters deleted from the beginning of the file name.
2. Add Rule and selected the Delete rule. As it can be tedious and time consuming to count how many characters to delete, especially if random lengths (meaning, varying by each consecutive drag-drop operation, one after another), it is required to keep guessing the amount to delete which also requires closing and re-opening the Edit Rule window to change the amount as the adjustment is not implemented until the window is closed.
    Ok, it may take the same extra time either way; to count the characters or to keep guessing, but counting requires more focus. Something a user might not be up for when working in a high case load workflow

Example operation after request implementation:
1. Some files need to have undesired characters deleted from the beginning of the file name.
2. Add Rule and select the Delete rule. With the new feature implemented now it's much easier to get the correct amount of characters to delete in the first try without requiring the repeated attempts.
    In this case simply increase or decrease the Count amount and with each click of the amount the change is shown real-time in the list where the files are!
    If this feature existed it would make for a smoother and quicker workflow, also like my other feature request.

Again, I'm guessing this might require a lot of programming and so I will completely understand if it's something that can not be implemented. It doesn't hurt to throw it out there though.

Thank you once more for a great program and for your time and consideration with this request.

feature-request---Edit-Rule-with-Live-Preview.png

Last edited by ecomms (2022-05-19 07:10)

#2 2023-05-16 03:25

ecomms

Re: Feature Request: Edit Rule with Live Preview.

*BUMP* big_smile  Any hope of eventually implementing this at some point or is it just too complicated? It would be extremely helpful although if you are very pressed for time I would more prefer my other request Side-by-Side Splitview Mode http://www.den4b.com/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=12419
I see that there have been a couple of versions updates since I posted this request and my previous request (unmark all rules after a rename http://www.den4b.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=2845) has been fully implemented into v7.4 (thanks again for that).
Alright.. popping in to see if any updates. Thanks.

Board footer