#1 2007-08-25 04:40

Ttech

Congrats on Recovering the Files!

I was looking on your site not to long ago and saw the news saying you lost all your files.  At least you got the recovered.

On the side:
May I ask how? I had a drive that failed also. But I have not been able to recover it my self so far.

#2 2007-08-26 16:34

den4b
Administrator

Re: Congrats on Recovering the Files!

As I was saying in my news post, I tried several different data recovery companies. And eventually, I found one that had a "clean air" room and was able to take the drive apart, temporarily fix the drive's motor, and then recover all the data. The company is called: CDS (Critical Data Services), it is in Ireland. The only one problem is that it is very expensive task, I paid 700 euro for it, but I got all data back on a USB drive.

#3 2007-08-26 16:56

Ttech

den4b wrote:

As I was saying in my news post, I tried several different data recovery companies. And eventually, I found one that had a "clean air" room and was able to take the drive apart, temporarily fix the drive's motor, and then recover all the data. The company is called: CDS (Critical Data Services), it is in Ireland. The only one problem is that it is very expensive task, I paid 700 euro for it, but I got all data back on a USB drive.

Now thats a nice deal..   Good price too. I was looking for the same thing and most of them cost at least $1,400 dollars. I'll take a look at that place. I maybe able to recover my drive finally. Thanks!

#4 2007-08-26 17:06

den4b
Administrator

They were very good and friendly! The best part is a "No Recovery, No Fee" policy.

#5 2007-09-06 15:28

Ventaur

Wow! I've never heard of a data recovery service provider with a no charge policy if they cannot recover anything. That's amazing!

Denis, I want to suggest Mozy to you here in case your email gets jammed up. 2 GB of online encrypted data for free. Plus, if you use my referral code (or anyone else's really), you get an additional 256 MB added to that. That's how much I get for referring people too. It's truly a transparent service once you set it up. Tell it the folders/files to backup and stop worrying. It has saved my precious code a couple of times now. In fact, that's the main reason I use it.

Try it out! You won't regret it.

https://mozy.com/?code=KERF26

Regards,

Matt

#6 2007-09-09 18:33

den4b
Administrator

Thanks, Matt. I appreciate your idea, but it really does sound like an advertisement.

Could be because of the fact that you posted it twice on the forums and sent it via the feedback. wink

I might try it out anyway, or its competitor: www.idrive.com

#7 2007-09-09 20:39

Ventaur

Understood. I kept finding a more appropriate place to post; too over-zealous perhaps.

I've not heard of IDrive before. I'll have to check them out. Thanks for the alternative!

-Matt

#8 2007-09-09 23:21

den4b
Administrator

On their home page, they have a comparison table of 3 online backup services: IDrive, Mozy, Carbonite. Also, IDrive comes up first in the google search for "online backup", Mozy seconds, and Carbonite third. If you do try them out, do tell me what you think of it... because I am considering using one of them in the nearest future.

#9 2007-09-09 23:33

Ventaur

Yeah, I saw that. They look like a very good alternative. I don't see anywhere that you can earn extra free space with referrals though. I still may try it out. I do like that IDrive has multiple user support. You have to get the business version of Mozy for that.

Alrighty. Will do then. Keep up the good work with these projects!

Board footer