#1 2007-09-19 02:47

Quaraxkad

Analyze Name dialog suggestion

When you double click an item in the files listbox it brings up the Analyze String dialog box. When you make a selection in the first text box, the status bar shows you where the selection starts and its length. I think it would be useful to add this feature to the second text box in the dialog. That way I can use it to add new Insert at position rules and they'll show up in the correct place.

Another idea is to make the second text box auto-update when the window first opens, and when you change the string in the first box.

#2 2007-09-20 15:27

den4b
Administrator

#3 2007-09-20 15:38

Quaraxkad

Re: Analyze Name dialog suggestion

...You are awesome! Thanks!

#4 2007-10-28 01:26

Stefan

ReNamer 5.1

The Analyze "Apply Rules"-option applies ALL Rules, no matter if one Rule is disabled/unchecked.

i.e.
I have three Rules with the last one disabled.
But the Analyze "Apply Rules"-Button ignore my advice and include the disabled rule in the analyze preview.

I guess the analyze should represent my current settings, isn't it?

------------

Should there be an link to open this Analyze-Box from the rules
where ever one can set an position in the Rule-Dialog? To quick pick the position.

Read the  *WIKI* for HELP + MANUAL + Tips&Tricks.
If ReNamer had helped you, please *DONATE* to Denis or buy a PRO license. (Read *Lite vs Pro*)

#5 2007-11-03 22:30

den4b
Administrator

I fixed this problem. Try latest beta/development version... ReNamerBeta.zip

Putting a link to the Analyze dialog in Rules dialog might not be as useful as you think, because it will only tell you the positions within the text which you are trying to insert/remove/etc, but it has no connection to the file names. Not sure if it is needed.

#6 2007-11-03 23:41

Stefan

> I fixed this problem.
Thanks.

Putting a link to the Analyze dialog in Rules dialog might not be as useful as you think,
because it will only tell you the positions within the text which you are trying to insert/remove/etc,
but it has no connection to the file names. Not sure if it is needed.

? No?
There in the rules i can choose an position.

If i have file names like:
A001 asd Report.txt
C123 fgh Mean.log

and i want to insert on pos 8 ... then i have to count the pos on my own. (I have use simple examples here but it may be clear ???)

If i now use your analyzer i can simple set the cursor on the right pos and read the pos-number from the analyzer.
That's fine! No question. But we have to close the rule and open the analyzer. That's why i make this suggestion tongue

But this is no must. It's good as it is right now.
Thank you.

Read the  *WIKI* for HELP + MANUAL + Tips&Tricks.
If ReNamer had helped you, please *DONATE* to Denis or buy a PRO license. (Read *Lite vs Pro*)

#7 2008-01-05 19:55

den4b
Administrator

Hmmm.. I'm still not convinced hmm

Why don't you open the Analyze dialog and note the position where you want to insert the text, before opening the Add Rule dialog for adding the Insert rule?

Thinking a step ahead wink

#8 2008-04-14 15:49

eR@SeR

1. Is it possible to make both windows in Analyze dialog to scroll simultaneously? (to add check box option)

To be more precisely: "Enter text that you wish to analyze" with "Text after applying rules".

2. Make option to highlight changed names in there (if possible for case changes too, if not then sad ), and to scroll (go to) automatically to the first changed name.

I have one question so excuse me for posting it here roll

How can ReNamer detect files that only took changes by case rules, regarding to "Mark Only Changed (Inc. Case)" but cannot highlight them in table window?

TRUTH, FREEDOM, JUSTICE and FATHERLAND are the highest morale values which human is born, lives and dies for!

#9 2008-04-15 14:04

den4b
Administrator

1. Is it possible to make both windows in Analyze dialog to scroll simultaneously?
Possible, but it is too complicated. Component will have to be rewritten to capture and process scroll events differently.

2. Make option to highlight changed names in there
Possible, but it is too complicated. Component will have to be rewritten (or changed complitely) to allow variable text formatting.

How can ReNamer detect files that only took changes by case rules, regarding to "Mark Only Changed (Inc. Case)" but cannot highlight them in table window?
It can highlight them, but I made it so it only highlights the names which were changed character-wise, not case-wise. I thought it would be more appropriate since Windows environment is not case-sensitive.

#10 2008-04-15 14:15

eR@SeR

So, are you change (add) these 2 suggestions in future or the answer is no? roll

It can highlight them, but I made it so it only highlights the names which were changed character-wise, not case-wise. I thought it would be more appropriate since Windows environment is not case-sensitive.

Can you make an option to user decide does he want to see highlighted case changes or not?

TRUTH, FREEDOM, JUSTICE and FATHERLAND are the highest morale values which human is born, lives and dies for!

Board footer