#1 2007-10-30 01:25

brakers

Folder Rename

Hi everybody Could someone tell me if this program can rename multipule folders and subfolders or not. I am getting on in age and I am not very computer savy. I read somwhere that there is command line ?? is this where you change folders names and where would you find the command line, is it part of the renamer program. Any help would be much apreciated.
Many Thanks Tony B.

#2 2007-10-30 08:23

Stefan

Re: Folder Rename

Hi Tony, welcome.  i try to understand and help you:

brakers wrote:

Hi everybody
Could someone tell me if this program can rename multipule folders and subfolders or not.

By default (fresh download) if you add folder you will add the content (files) of that folder.

If you first go to "Settings > Filters"  or ALT+F...
- then you can choose "[x] Add folders as files", than you can rename the folder names.
- if you unselect "[ ] Add files within folders" then you add folder names only into ReNamer.

Additional hint:
right click on the 'Name' column header and choose 'Path' which gives you an additional column to see the hole path (to better distinct the sub folders)
You can drag the 'Path'-column to the left and drop it before the 'Name'-column.

ReNamer_FilterSet.PNG

I read somwhere that there is command line ??
... where would you find the command line, is it part of the renamer program.

That's the "Windows" command line (DOS-Box). Learn more ==> http://commandwindows.com/command1.htm

With ReNamer comes an help where you can find ReNamers command line options.

If you now have more questions please ask in detail with example.

Last edited by Stefan (2007-11-01 21:07)

Read the  *WIKI* for HELP + MANUAL + Tips&Tricks.
If ReNamer had helped you, please *DONATE* to Denis or buy a PRO license. (Read *Lite vs Pro*)

#3 2007-11-03 14:35

den4b
Administrator

Be careful while renaming folders. You might end up trying to rename the parent folders first, and then subfolders, which will fail to rename because their paths would be changed after renaming their parent folder. Example: If you have folders like: "C:\folder", "C:\folder\subfolder". If you rename "C:\folder" first, then "C:\folder\subfolder" folder will fail to rename because it will not be found, its path would be changed. To eliminate this problem, you need to sort the table by "Folder" column in reverse order. Right-click on the table columns to see the full list of available columns.

To find out more about command line option for ReNamer - open Help documents from the top menu fo ReNamer, and find "Command Line" section.

#4 2007-11-03 20:18

brakers

Thanks for taking the time and trouble to reply to my inquiry.
Regards Tony B.

Board footer